M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my jacket in recently. Like it pretty good. I think I got the right size... I got large and I'm a 44 chest with 33-34 inch waist. I'm 5' 10 1/2" and 200 pounds. Anyway, the jacket seems a hair too big, but I think a medium would be too tight... especially in the colder months when I'm wearing thicker clothes. I notice the cuffs are too big and need a way to tighten them closed, but this isn't a problem other than letting cool wind inside when I don't want it there. Currently, I only wear the jacket in the cool (68 degrees or so) mornings when going to work or at night when the temp hits around 74 or so. Anyway, I'm noticing a whole lot of wind buffeting when wearing this jacket. It feels like the wind hitting this jacket gets directed straight up toward the back of my head, which hits my helmet and causes my head to get tossed left to right. I don't notice any buffeting from front to back like when riding close behind a car or with a short windshield. This is really noticeable at around 70MPH, but is also present at slower and faster speeds. Basically, I just don't feel very steady or stable when the wind is tossing my head around so much. Have any of you noticed this when riding with your jacket?

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have yet to receive mine so as soon as I get it, will be glad to tell you how it works for me...

Tell them to hurry up already and send mine so I can help you out ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
After (finally) recieving the M109R jacket, I can honestly say this is not a riding jacket... it's a fashion jacket. ::)

The cut/fit is all wrong. The waist is way to large; the cuffs have no way to cinch them (neither does the waist for that matter); the 'armor' is little protection at best...

Granted, it was 'free', but I'm still debatting if I even want to keep mine. I have two very good RIDING jackets - a full leather for cooler days and a mesh for warmer days - and if I wear the Suzuki jacket, it would only be for show (fashion).

J

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am about the same size as you Medic. I have an xlarge and it fits great. It doesn't catch in the wind.; no air pocket (over 85 MPH and more). 5'11", 200

·
Registered
118 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
...but even though I'm next to kennedy space center ,I didn't expect a space suit, just a leather jacket,so I'm happy with mine! :doorag:
Um, yeah... well it's not like I expected anything more than a motorcycle jacket... But - and maybe it's just me - it doesn't fit well and has no adjustability. I'm 6'3, 225lbs with a 3XL and I'm not shaped funny or missing any body parts - so I gotta believe others have similar thoughts. The jacket has good arm length and decent torso length - but is entirely too loose around the cuffs and waist line - just inviting wind in... kinda defeats the purpose of the jacket.

Any who - want to drop my other .02 there (great, now I'm out .04).

Medic - if you're getting enough wind up your cuffs/sleeves to feel like the jacket is 'balloning' out, that same air is venting out your waist line and neck line... hence the wind/buffeting to your helmet.

J

·
Registered
355 Posts
Got my jacket and it was to small for me....so I gave it to my brother and he loves it. He lives in Cleveland, Oh.....so it should come in handy for him in a minute. He is cool even though he doesnt own a 109 and would likely love to ride with any of you guys from that area.

·
Registered
484 Posts
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: Two thumbs up on the jacket. I got a break from the heat in Kansas City last week and the mornings were actually a little chilly. I threw on the jacket and took off on the highway... The wind slid right by at 95mph. It feels a little flashy when I walk into my office... but when I'm carrying my helmet I don't feel too pimped out.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well maybe I'm just the unlucky one... this thing tosses my head around like a bad windshield. I don't have this issue unless I'm wearing the jacket. I have to agree with the other poster on the opinion that this jacket is more on style than function, otherwise the cuffs would actually be adjustable, the waist would actually fit (not talking about someone with a large waist, but one proportionate to their chest). I have to keep the liner zipped in just to stay comfortable in 70 degree weather because without it the jacket lets in way too much air. I don't think this jacket will be very comfortable below 60 degrees. At least it looks good.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Medic! I know what you are talking about. I'm not a helmet wearer so what I notice more than anything is that my ears ring for about half an hour when I get to work. (1hr commute) I at first blamed the new HD goggle/glasses my girlfriend got me for my birthday, but when not wearing the glasses its the same story. I wore my other leather jacket and could tell a noticeable difference. Don't get me wrong I sure won't be selling my 109 jacket, but it does create some unneeded head buffeting.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Haven't rode with mine yet. Too hot here in Texas, but when trying it on, noticed the cuffs were very open and loose. I am having an extra snap installed to tighten them up. The wind will definately cause problems if the sleeves aren't tight. Had another jacket that was that way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts