M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my heated seats,jacket and gloves hooked up tonight. as it is supposed to be 40 . Question is what do you guys do with the controler? I have the dual controler. gloves on one lead,jacket on the other for solo and each of us on a lead for 2up. Im thinking putting the controller in my left pocket of the leather coat. is that what everyone else does?

Dave

·
Registered
712 Posts
heated geah...heated geah...

we don't need no freakin' heated geah.

:joke: sorry, couldn't help myself.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the controller leads are not long enough to mount on the handle bars, also they control how high the temp is in each aplication as I described above. and both people need to attach to it. So I ran the main lead(power to the controller and it sticks out the left side of the seat. controller in leather coat one lead to the power source one to the coat and one to the passenger. as far as the radio mine cost 75 bucks for the whole system it is a marine grade system amp and two speakers. plug in the mp3 player/fm radio 45 bucks and tunes for 24 hours.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have to look that up. will take some time. as for the rest of your wish list, world peace and a million dollars (tax free of course) should round off your list LOL. It will take some serious reminding to un hook as I gett off the bike but well wort it. rode this morning. it was very low 40"s and quite comfy.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Rockfordrider
I have the dual controller and I put it in a cell phone clip and clip it on my jacket. My jacket has a velcro strap on the left side and I can then access the control with my left gloved hand.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just clip the controller to the left pocket on my leather vest. I wear my vest over my jacket. This way it's easy to controll the heat when riding.
Good luck and enjoy... I love my heated gear!

·
Registered
643 Posts
I only have a single temptroller I keep in the little beltclip pouch from Gerbing, when it is only "chilly" and i dont wear my overpants i do clip it to my belt in case i need turn the heat off. If i am wearing my overpants its gonna be cold enough that i am not gonna turn the heat in the gloves off and then i put it in my jacket pocket.

·
Registered
204 Posts
What is this HEATED GEAR you speak of?

Here in Saskatchewan, Canada, next door neighbour to the North Pole, we call that another jacket, long underwear and a carefully planned personal grooming schedule that allows us to take advantage of the natural heating capacity of excess body hair.

Just sayin....

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
got tired of being the stay puff marshmelow man with 5 or 6 layers, now a t shirtheated liner and my leather coat, no need to take up an extra chair to put all your gear on when going inside.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Answers to your question don't make much sense when people don't state what brand/type of heated gear they're running. I'm running Tour Master Synergy gear. My jacket and pants controller is strapped to my left leg so I can adjust it without taking my my right hand off the throttle. My gloves controller is on top of the gauntlet of my right glove. All power runs from one quick disconnect at the seat.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I got my heated seats,jacket and gloves hooked up tonight. as it is supposed to be 40 . Question is what do you guys do with the controler? I have the dual controler. gloves on one lead,jacket on the other for solo and each of us on a lead for 2up. Im thinking putting the controller in my left pocket of the leather coat. is that what everyone else does?

Dave
I have dual heated Corbin Seat and Gloves separate from jacket liner for me and same for my wife on our C109RT.

I clip mine to the belt on my old style motorcycle jacket so I can tweak it from time to time. Wife clips hers to the pocket on her chaps so she can do the same.

You will need it where you can adjust it as temps go up and down and many times my fingers would sweat and had to be turned down.

I have ridden as cold as 22 degrees, so protect your face and always carry a warm shirt somewhere in case your heated stuff quits. Without it plugged in it's worthless for warmth.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts