M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after reading all the back and forth stuff about the jsd mod . just got to thinking you are selling youre jr track pack have you done enough testing and such to cover your butt .. lets just say 100 people buy your mod and ten of them have problems with there motor after using your mod . are we at our own risk here just like any other mod we choose to do to our bike our will you be able to stand behind what you sell . i only ask because i might think about doing this mod maybe next year . just my thoughts here maybe im way off base here but if ya dont ask you will never know !

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'll let JR speak for himself on this one... but the way I feel about it... any modification that I do to my bike, brings the possible chance of damaging it somehow...

If I were to purchase something from someone, KNOWING it was going to add horsepower and torque, I would also assume the risk of any problems of the mod.

I don't think we should make someone have to stand behind something they sell, especially a performance part like that.

Yeah, it will most likely work great in MOST cases, but there is always that exception that doesn't do things right, that can't just accept fault, and has to pass the buck...

And I don't want to see a friend such as JR liable for some one lone IDIOT's actions...

Just my $.02...

:)

·
Registered
665 Posts
Comming from a family of racing addicts,and after many years of building engines. I've NEVER seen a guarantee,on any part yet. I've seen 25-30 grand race engines destroyed,but you just licked your wounds,and rebuilt,or replaced them. No One can guarantee anything you are going to push to the max. If they did,they would be out of business.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i wasent trying to say that jr shouldbe liable because he shoudnt be. like i sad any mod you do to youre bike is always at your own risk. as long as anyone who is thinking about doing thismod knows all this up front and thats all i was asking about we should all be good right! :bigthumbsup: 

·
Registered
363 Posts
You know, I've just about had it with this JR character.

For example, he invites me up to this fancy schmancy European chalet for Biketoberfest...

Say on the drive up, I get into an accident - can you say Shyster&Shyster!

Or once there, what if the bed isn't right then my back's out of whack - lawsuit!

Maybe he buys me dinner and I choke on the mashed potatoes - I own him!

He hands me a cup of hot coffee in the mornin, and sleepy me burns my lip. A rope and the nearest lightpost ain't good enough for that rat bastard...but it's a start! My lawyers can have what's left!

I remember when attorneys dared not advertise, then I started seeing that crap on tv. "Call us if you got a beef, we're here to protect you...poor innocent little lambs."

Then some woman drops a cup of McCoffee in her lap while driving the car. Millions served!

I muttered something like, "This country just jumped the shark."

America, God help us one and all.

LG

G

·
Ya know, guys, I would think JRs main priority would be to stay alive and maintain his family.....and, yet, he "ALWAYS" finds time to help others at what he knows.....making vehicles go fast !

And, he doesn't do this for money, although he did accept a dinner, which, at best, could be considered a misdomener.....I think it has to be worth $350 to be a feloney.

I don't know why he hasn't told his discentors to "go pack sand", although, he HAS made comments when people have posted garbage he KNOWS to be wrong.

Maybe it's jelousy.....maybe it's stupidity.....maybe it's people who just don't know, asking an honest question..........but, in spite of the many JR supporters, there always seems to be someone who comes crawling out of the woodwork to question him.

His grandpa used to tell him....."People will hate you if you're better than they are".....although very simple.....also very true !

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
[

Maybe it's jelousy.....maybe it's stupidity.....maybe it's people who just don't know, asking an honest question..........but, in spite of the many JR supporters, there always seems to be someone who comes crawling out of the woodwork to question him.

His grandpa used to tell him....."People will hate you if you're better than they are".....although very simple.....also very true !
well not sure where some get their idea's from but i do agree with what JR Dad said................i have never known or have held someone responsible for something i did to my bike if i did it than it was my risk but if i took it to a dealer and something broke than it was their fault but any mods i did on my own i assume the risk that is why i always research before i did anything to my bike if i felt it could cause a problem

just my .02

·
Registered
21 Posts
First I would like to state that this site has been a tremendous help to me and my brother. We are not as mechanically savy as a lot of the knowledgeable gentlemen on this site. We love our bikes and love to read about all of the different mods they are doing to their bikes. We know that some of the mods done on the bikes may void the warranties but we choose to do them anyway. The decisions to do these mods are done after a lot of consideration and research (especially reading the material on this site). I for one would hate to see JR leave. If I lived near him, I would have probably tried to meet him in person so that I could learn about any of the mods first hand. Oh, and if I haven't said it already! JR, thanks for everything.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
OPEN MSG. TO ALL:  I don't know where all this sheet got started but some of you need to wake up JR has always been a gentleman on this board and has given quite a few of us some good info on this bike. I have read some of the post going back and forth but to be honest I had to stop after a few because I just think some of you are acting childish. Bottom line you mod your bike it is on you. Next you will want to take on Jason because his lowering bones caused you to scrape a peg and leave a scratch. C'mon now let's grow up. I'm not trying to start a JR fan club but he has clearly taken a lot of his own time trying to help us all unleash the beast inside the 109. If you look back most of the time people were coming to him for answers and insight, just remember he did not solicit us most sought out him. I would not blame him for walking off. That would be our loss. But since it would seem that there are people on this board who must beat a topic to death, then so be it. JR thanks for the info. and time you spent to get that info. out to us. In closing I think JR's dad may be on the right track in regards to some of you on this site. I have said it before you can take your shots at me now if you like but keep in mind one thing as you type away, I could care less what any of you think of me I have a thick skin and don't really consider what the members of this site who constantly bash others have to say anyway.That's my 2cents worth.

·
Registered
696 Posts
JRs DAD said:
Ya know, guys, I would think JRs main priority would be to stay alive and maintain his family.....and, yet, he "ALWAYS" finds time to help others at what he knows.....making vehicles go fast !

And, he doesn't do this for money, although he did accept a dinner, which, at best, could be considered a misdomener.....I think it has to be worth $350 to be a feloney.

I don't know why he hasn't told his discentors to "go pack sand", although, he HAS made comments when people have posted garbage he KNOWS to be wrong.

JR is the MAN :bigthumbsup:... and he comes from good stock :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:...mjm :doorag:

·
Registered
476 Posts
JR, I know I haven't been on this forum long but I have found yours and Perry's info to be extremely helpfull and based in hard won hands-on experience. I for one am extremely grateful for this and do not want you to stop posting... knowledge is a wonderful thing and those who teach those of us who don't have such knowledge should be worshiped by those who are the students. I appreciate it greatly.
As for those others on this forum who are alway winning and trying to come up with all the crap to start problems on the forum or bad mouth those with the true expertice...shut the f*ck up you are ruining a great forum, maybe you should go buy a Harley then you would have something to wine about. Keep it cool and keep it civil or shut it up.

·
Registered
961 Posts
JR,

You don't have to explain yourself!!! My grandmother raised me and she had a saying. If I gave you 5 one hundred dollars bills and told you to go to 5 people and give them each a one hundred dollar bill there are one of two things that would be said about you. "One, being thank you and you're a good person and the other you're a damn fool". People are just people and some are fools. I appreciate all of the help you've given me. You're a good guy!!!

C-One

·
Registered
476 Posts
JR ,If you start your own forum please let me know I would really like to be able to participate on it. Thinking of you and hope you are feeling better, I know all this crap lately does't help your health, sure it is causing undue stress. Take care of yourself first, you and your family come first.
Dog Man

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
erdy 109 said:
i wasent trying to say that jr shouldbe liable because he shoudnt be.
erdy 109 said:
just got to thinking you are selling youre jr track pack have you done enough testing and such to cover your butt .. lets just say 100 people buy your mod and ten of them have problems with there motor after using your mod . are we at our own risk here just like any other mod we choose to do to our bike our will you be able to stand behind what you sell .
Umm, you say you weren't saying JR should be liable, but in your original post you ask him if he's done enough research to cover his butt and ask if you do this mod, are you at your own risk or is he gonna stand behind it. That pretty much suggests that you wanna know if JR will cover damages caused by you using his dragpack. I think you knew the answer to that question when you first typed it, so I don't understand why it was typed to begin with. You knew it would just ruffle feathers of the roosters that are already hot from the JSD thread.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts