M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to have my wheels chrome and the price that they gave me was $800 so I wanted to know if that is a good price? Now the second question is while I have the wheels being chrome is there anything else I should think about doing while the wheel are off? and the bike is down?:clap2:

Semaiah

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I am going to have my wheels chrome and the price that they gave me was $800 so I wanted to know if that is a good price? Now the second question is while I have the wheels being chrome is there anything else I should think about doing while the wheel are off? and the bike is down?:clap2:

Semaiah
Here are a few questions...

1) Does that price give you a warranty, and how long
2) Does that price give you new bearings or are they going to chrome the rims with the bearings in? Or...are they going to remove the bearings and put the same ones back in?

Generally, the price for chrome exchange from Liquidpain or Simmons is $800 with new bearings.

As far as the wheels being off, it takes 10 minutes to pull the front off and 15-20 to pull the rear off. So, you can do any mod you want, regardless of them being chromed. I really can't think of anything you could do now that you couldn't easily do later if you think of something.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Liquidpain Are No Longer Doing Chrome Wheels

I called Liquidpain and he informed me that they are no longer doing Chrome wheels anymore and he sold the last set of chrome wheel last week. And yes the other company will remove everything before they send them off to have them chrome and yes there is a warranty, I will make sure that I have it in writing.:bigthumbsup:

Semaiah

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I called Liquidpain and he informed me that they are no longer doing Chrome wheels anymore and he sold the last set of chrome wheel last week. And yes the other company will remove everything before they send them off to have them chrome and yes there is a warranty, I will make sure that I have it in writing.:bigthumbsup:

Semaiah
I knew Jerry was not keeping them in stock, but didn't know he was stopping. I know they are a pain to do. I think you are getting a good deal, even if the bearings are not there. I wouldn't use the crap bearings from DLP, and get Suzuki bearings. You need 5, so you are at $100 or so for them. Ask the place you are getting them done if they will put bearings in if you provide them. You can research and possibly find good aftermarket bearings for cheaper. Also, you need 3 dust seals, 2 up front and 1 in the rear.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Question Calliper or Rotor painted black?

Thanks for all the info BigpapaM109 you guys have been a lot of help, let me ask you this question is it a good Ideal to get the rotor black are to get the calliper black?:dontknow:

Semaiah

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts

Semaiah
Contact Chip, he may have them in stock.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By The Way rynosback...Stebel Horn Wire kit

rynosback I need to order your stebel horn wire kit by the way my stebel horn just arrived.

Semaiah:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

Semaiah
hi semaiah why dont you just get your wheels polished, number one it wont chip number 2 it doesnt add weight and number 3 it looks friggin awesome !!!!!!!!!:drool:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I Thought About The Polished Carnivor But...

after reading some of the post about the pro's & con's about chrome or polished many felt if you have the money do chrome if not polish is the way to go, well a friend of mind she gave me $400 to get the wheels chrome so that is the way I am going now because I have the other half.:super:

Semaiah

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks M109riders Everyone Was So Helpful

I found Chip and his website and he had some good information on the issues with the Suzuki M109 & M90 wheel and them being chrome, So I will be letting him do my wheel because of the good write up from the M109riders. Chip reply back within hours about my wheels.

Thanks Again:bigthumbsup:
Semaiah

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I found Chip and his website and he had some good information on the issues with the Suzuki M109 & M90 wheel and them being chrome, So I will be letting him do my wheel because of the good write up from the M109riders. Chip reply back within hours about my wheels.

Thanks Again:bigthumbsup:
Semaiah
Chip is AWESOME to work with. My rims are Liquidpain and Bikergranny has Simmons on hers. We had an issue of a weird noise up front. I talked to Chip and he was baffled. We thought it was a wheel bearing and let him know. He said to replace all the bearings and sent me a check for $100 to cover the 2 front bearings ($40) and a tool to pull them. I went and bought a blind bearing puller and pulled the bearings. We checked the race and the bearings and nothing was wrong. I really greased up the axle and put it back together and it has been perfect ever since. The spacer inside must have been grabbing on the axle. I sent Chip his check back...which blew him away. It blew me away more when he told me to keep it for my trouble and I told him no. Customer service is awesome with him and he will stand behind his product. He is like anyone else and not perfect, but he will make it right.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chip Seem To Know His Stuff About Suzuki Wheel

BigpapaM109 I was so impressed with Chip article about Suzuki M109 & M90 wheel flaws, he went into great details about the wheel, I like that because when a person knows what they are doing and understand the issue they can correct the problem. So thanks BigpapaM109 you guys on here are so helpful and I am so glad that I purchase my Suzuki M90 it's not as big as the M109 but it's my first bike and I love it.:bigthumbsup:

Semaiah

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
BigpapaM109 I was so impressed with Chip article about Suzuki M109 & M90 wheel flaws, he went into great details about the wheel, I like that because when a person knows what they are doing and understand the issue they can correct the problem. So thanks BigpapaM109 you guys on here are so helpful and I am so glad that I purchase my Suzuki M90 it's not as big as the M109 but it's my first bike and I love it.:bigthumbsup:

Semaiah
Glad I could help. It isn't what you ride, it is that you ride. the M90 is in the family...as you are.

·
Registered
39 Posts
You may want to have your rotors and rear hub done as well. I had my rotors polished instead of chromed.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts