M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting the Rivco LED Mirrors on my wifes Vulcon 900 custom and I need to use a voltage equalizer because I'm removing the stock front turn signals. There is room in the head light bucket but it will get pretty hot in there and I'm assuming the equalizer is bult to take it. :dontknow:

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
The better method to deal with LEDs is to put in another flasher designed for the reduced load. It eliminates the need for the resistors and flashes at the same rate regardless of what bulbs are used.

It's about $30-40 and just plugs in where the stock one is in about 5 minutes time.

They're on e-bay and available through numerous online vendors. You will need the 7 pin relay for Suzuki. It does the flashers and also the sidestand safety and a fuel pump function.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
While a digital flasher will do the trick, to answer your question, yes, you can put the load equalizer in the headlight.

In fact, you need to put them somewhere that can take the heat as the load equalizers can get as hot as a light bulb.

I am rather familiar with your wife's bike as my brother-in-law has one and I have done all of his mods. His is lowered, de-beavered, running a 200 rear, led signals and some other goodies.

So, if you ever want to talk 'shop' on it, let me know.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I'll use the equalizer, but I'll keep in mind changing the flasher for next time. Sq Rounder I'll pm you. Cheers :bigthumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts