M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if the hard krome 2 into1 sideburner exhaust has a baffle in it or is the 4" hollow. I have some 4" turnouts left over from a drag car exhaust and thought I might make my own using the factory head pipes. Any thoughts? I could have it chromed after.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I have the same pips, not turn out though. Yes they have baffles. Louder as time goes on too. Nice deep sound. You can get the same out of the stock pipes if you take the baffles out. NOT DRILL.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I have the Hard Chrome sideburners , Im not sure if what is in there is really considerd a baffel but Im sure with a little Imaination you could get your Pipe to work , the Factory Pipe shields Can be removed and the connection be made , ,, as for the Chrome , ask LiquidPain , hes the local GuRu ,, Give a Whirle :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the info. :bigthumbsup: I removed the cores from my stock pipes but didn`t like the open hole . It looked unfinished so I put in 2" aluminum tips to give it a finished look. Seen the sideburners at Fayetteville BBBQ and they looked and sounded great.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
As stated above. There is a baffel but it doesn't seem to do much. Very loud, but I like it that way!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts