M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to remove the rear plastic and go with Cycle House Lic Plate Bracket. My question is does anyone know if in the state of PA if it is mandatory that there be some type of light for the plate to illuminate it?? If it is, then I am going to go with the little clear LED's that bolt in to hold the license plate bracket on. I am just trying not to do any of them if I don't have to. I am very partiial to spikes and bullets and would love to put those on to hold the plate on instead. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Bruno said:
I am going to remove the rear plastic and go with Cycle House Lic Plate Bracket. My question is does anyone know if in the state of PA if it is mandatory that there be some type of light for the plate to illuminate it?? If it is, then I am going to go with the little clear LED's that bolt in to hold the license plate bracket on. I am just trying not to do any of them if I don't have to. I am very partiial to spikes and bullets and would love to put those on to hold the plate on instead. Thanks in advance.
Just buy one of these for $14 https://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=1218&str=290&ID=111233502 Then you can use your spike tag bolts, and stay legal with the light. This is what Lamont used in his thread on the rear plate bracket. Just wire it in to the original plate light wires and stick or screw it under the rear fender so it shines down on the plate. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
If I can offer a warning, I ordered the Kuryakyn LED light bolts and after hooking them up blew a fuse because one of them had a short from the hot wire to the case. They sent me a replacement set and the first thing I did was measure the hot to the case. Both of the new one's showed a short.

Set 3 is coming this week and my fingers are crossed. If it all works out I'll let you know.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Felix T Cat said:
If I can offer a warning, I ordered the Kuryakyn LED light bolts and after hooking them up blew a fuse because one of them had a short from the hot wire to the case. They sent me a replacement set and the first thing I did was measure the hot to the case. Both of the new one's showed a short.

Set 3 is coming this week and my fingers are crossed. If it all works out I'll let you know.
I had the same problem when I hooked mine up. So I ended up encapsulating them with plastic/ rubber, so there was no metal to metal contact with the bike. It worked well, but decided I didn't like the look anyways, and bought a license plate fame with built in LED's. Looks and works 10X's better and only cost $20 more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts