M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I'm interested in swapping out my brake light for this one and wonder if any one can confirm if it plugs into the existing plug or woukd I need relays..flashers etc..which I don't want to get into.
White Sleeve Font Grille Bag

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,741 Posts
From the pics. we do not know the manufacturer. If it is any good, it should come with plug and play connectors, because you need to attach to it also your signal wires... I will try to find a link describing some of these aftermarket hybrids...Will keep you posted if I find it later today... And yes, you will need new flasher since you are replacing OEM signal bulbs with LEDs..
Here is the link:

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
The Wasse integrated taillight says it comes with an electrical connector on the lights pigtail.
The electrical connector will be for the tail light, brake light and ground wire.
There will also be 2 other wires that are not in a connector. These will be for your right and left turn signal.
Also chances are very high that you will need to reverse the taillight and brake light conductors in the electrical connector. The cheap Chinese integrated lights come wired backwards most of the time.

Do yourself a favor and purchase the more expensive Revo integrated taillight.
The Revo integrated taillight is much better quality and will last a lot longer than the cheap one sold on Amazon and Ebay.

BCS

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
It's too bad D2Moto isn't around any longer. The tail light I bought from them in 2010 is still perfectly fine.

·
Registered
192 Posts
All those lights are cheap and will not last. Either way, keep in mind that the turn signals are usually not bright on any of them, including the Revo one. You are going to want to run a second set of signals for safety reasons as nobody will see your signals on from the light, except at night. Also, if it pre-wired into the white plug, you have a 90% chance of having the running light and brake light wire reversed from the factory. This is all too common on these. Test it first and if you see it light up, and hit the brakes and nothing happens, then the plug has the running light into the factory harness brake connector, which is brighter so when you hit the brakes, it is at its brightest and you will see no difference. Swap them so the dimmer light is running and brighter is brake.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I was thinking the same thing about the brightness. And the current after market brake lights the last owner installed are tiny.. they look bright bit I can do better.
Wiring and electrical is not my strong suit. That's whats holding me back.
Thanks everyone for the advice

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yea I was thinking the same thing about the brightness. And the current after market brake lights the last owner installed are tiny.. they look bright bit I can do better.
Wiring and electrical is not my strong suit. That's whats holding me back.
Thanks everyone for the advice
The wiring and electrical is easy. Most of us can tell you what wire is brake, running, ground and left and right blinkers. No problem there. The only thing you would need to do is make sure you do your connections correctly. I have way too many customers that we go in to fix stuff and find twisted wires with black tape, or crimp connectors that are cheap, not waterproof and not crimped properly. We solder and heat shrink everything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts