M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so to start off i did search and couldnt find my answer. I have very little knowledge of motorcycle engines and parts, so with that being said could someone tell me in laymans terms where you mount the "bones" to lower the bike. I know this is a stupid question but im trying to learn.

Thanks
Viper

·
Registered
122 Posts
Do a search for JasonZ or lowering bones. I just did to verify I wasn't giving you bad info. You'll get all the info you need. Good luck!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
898 Posts
There is a piece where the shock mounts to the frame (so to speak) and on the bottom end of the shock there is a piece that is shaped like a bone that is between the shock and frame, by changing the length of that piece you change the ride height of the bike.

hope this helps

khrome

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
If you find Jason Z's post, there will be a picture of what the bone looks like... Knowing that, you can then spot the bone that is on the bike by looking toward the front of the swing arm, looking over the top pipe and below the side cover... This is going from memory, but if you look around, you will be able to spot them. I have never installed them... got a set on order to arrive this week (hopefully). Like you, I had no idea of actually where they mounted. I thought they were mounted verticle or something, but they are more horizontal. Like I said, they are pretty close to the front of the swing arm, and in the same direction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts