M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just threw this out there in a reply I posted on the For Sale board, and thought it would be best if I posted it here where it actually belongs.

I would like to know if there are any of you that would be interested in a group buy for the Q5 Air Intakes from Cycle House? We all know that they don't sell many of them, due to the high cost. However, my proposal is that if we get a mininum of 20 people to commit to the buy, we would ask Cycle House for a 30% discount on each pair purchased to include free shipping within the United States. That would make our cost $700.00 per pair of Q5 Air Intakes, and Cycle House would make at least $14,000.00 at once on one major discounted sale. Obviously, if more people were to commit Cycle House would stand to make even more money. I would think it would be a great incentive for both sides, as we could never get them at that cost through any other means, and Cycle house would never make that amount of money at one time from selling the Q5 Air Intakes, ,which they sell very little of anyway.

Please reply, and let me know if you are interested.

Thank you.

BCRUZN

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Why not contact them first to see what kinda deal they'll offer. :dontknow: Just sayin....

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good Idea Guys!!

OK, that is a good idea. I was contemplating doing that while I was posting the thread. I guess I was more focused on finding out if anyone would be interested in the idea first.

I will contact on Monday, and post the outcome to this thread as soon as possible.

Thanks

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
OK, that is a good idea. I was contemplating doing that while I was posting the thread. I guess I was more focused on finding out if anyone would be interested in the idea first.

I will contact on Monday, and post the outcome to this thread as soon as possible.

Thanks
Sounds like a better approach. I mean, if they're not interested if giving what you consider a "good" deal, then you won't have to go any further. G/L w/ them though.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Why not contact them first to see what kinda deal they'll offer. :dontknow: Just sayin....
:agree: 700 still pricey, when you can build your own from a auto parts store for a 1/3 of that price. Its not a hard product to design and make. You would think they read these post or comments from customer. Why notr get with us (the forum) and give up a group discount. i believe a lil money is better than no money..JMO

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
:agree: 700 still pricey, when you can build your own from a auto parts store for a 1/3 of that price. Its not a hard product to design and make. You would think they read these post or comments from customer. Why notr get with us (the forum) and give up a group discount. i believe a lil money is better than no money..JMO
Completely agree, but most forums what you to become a sponsor to pedal your goods. Lots a forums, = investment for sponsorship for what they may get on their return. Not sure what it costs to become a sponsor, Just sayin..... :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Completely agree, but most forums what you to become a sponsor to pedal your goods. Lots a forums, = investment for sponsorship for what they may get on their return. Not sure what it costs to become a sponsor, Just sayin..... :dontknow:
yea i have know clue. If i was technical and all, i think id de my research on here then just just it out there on there site, one of us will see it. Then they could make money, but i think the prices that these companies put out there is a bit outragish. 700-1000 for 120-150 in product, i understand r&d but dayum, thats a hell of a mark up.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
yea i have know clue. If i was technical and all, i think id de my research on here then just just it out there on there site, one of us will see it. Then they could make money, but i think the prices that these companies put out there is a bit outragish. 700-1000 for 120-150 in product, i understand r&d but dayum, thats a hell of a mark up.
Most def!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Im going to just through this out there

Well first off I would like to say I'm not thread hating at all, but for 700.00 dollars man why not just go with DUCK'S air mod. Man he does some dam good work and you could take the rest and go in on the group buy for an air-ride if you don't already have one. Just personally I think the Q5 looks like [email protected] they will keep them on the self at that price. I have seen some bad as bikes on this form and the ones that stand out an air-intake just isn't were its at. There is a lot of personal touches you can put on this bike and that is not one of them for that price. I was talking to a buddy and I said personally I really haven't even saw an exhaust that is all that I have saw some good ones but not great. Man takes the baffles out and BAM… it's on. I see a lot of guys trying to make this bike into a Super Sports bike (that's anything over 1200, 1000's don't count). This bike is a beast out the box next to any other cruiser, so why not save your hundreds and get a busa or a zx14.Then truly, truly you will know what a fast bike is. Hell with all the money put in this bike it still won't still pull away from a blackbird or a zx12 and a first gen busa is still the best.
"Just my two cents"

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
You can build it for 250? Do tell, I'm interested! I like it a lot but even 700 is steep....Thx

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
You can build it for 250? Do tell, I'm interested! I like it a lot but even 700 is steep....Thx
not one like that, cuz im not that mechanical, however ive seen several air mods for roughly 200, i just thingk they charge way to much for something that isnt worth it.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like a better approach. I mean, if they're not interested if giving what you consider a "good" deal, then you won't have to go any further. G/L w/ them though.:bigthumbsup:
You're right, and sounds good Big-B. I will take that route and see what happens.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
You're right, and sounds good Big-B. I will take that route and see what happens.
G/L, I'm sure you'll keep us posted!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
D-Ride, I don't think you can build a replica of he Q5s from an autoparts store. I wish you could, but I don't think so...at least from what I have seen available. I even went to a local Fabricator shop to see if they could make the Q5 style Air Intake for me, and they told me it would cost me more for them to try to create that look for me than it would be for me to buy them from Cycle House or DLP. That is why I am wanting to try the group buy. I agree that on an expensive item like the Q5s you would expect the company to offer a group buy deal to the members of this forum (especially since they make a ton of money off of the members as it is). Speaking of little money...I don't consider a minimum of $14,000.00 on a single sale a little money. I would be willing to bet that they have never had a single sale for that much money ever. In addition, they would stand a chance of making more money than that, depending on how many of us were willing to commit to the group buy, and actually make our payments to seal the deal on each respective purchase. If I owned or operated Cycle House or DLP, I would certainly be insterested in doing a group buy like this.

Oh well. We will see what happens once I make contact with one of the decision makers for Cycle House or DLP.

Wish me luck!!!

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well first off I would like to say I'm not thread hating at all, but for 700.00 dollars man why not just go with DUCK'S air mod. Man he does some dam good work and you could take the rest and go in on the group buy for an air-ride if you don't already have one. Just personally I think the Q5 looks like [email protected] they will keep them on the self at that price. I have seen some bad as bikes on this form and the ones that stand out an air-intake just isn't were its at. There is a lot of personal touches you can put on this bike and that is not one of them for that price. I was talking to a buddy and I said personally I really haven't even saw an exhaust that is all that I have saw some good ones but not great. Man takes the baffles out and BAM… it's on. I see a lot of guys trying to make this bike into a Super Sports bike (that's anything over 1200, 1000's don't count). This bike is a beast out the box next to any other cruiser, so why not save your hundreds and get a busa or a zx14.Then truly, truly you will know what a fast bike is. Hell with all the money put in this bike it still won't still pull away from a blackbird or a zx12 and a first gen busa is still the best.
"Just my two cents"
1DMCCOY, I respect your perspective on this issue. However, I personally think that the Q5s are the baddest looking Air Intakes made for this bike. Moreover, I am almost certain that many of the members agree with me on that and the fact that if they weren't so darn expensive there would be a ton of members with them on their bikes. I am not knocking DUCKS covers, because I have a set of them on my '07 M109R, and I absolutely love them. However, I want something different on my '06 M109R, and the Q5s are definitely a statement set of Air Intakes without a doubt. :drool:
I don't think many of the members of this forum would agree with you on your statement that they look like [email protected]. In addition, we all have our own limitations as to what we feel is a price worth paying for something. As for personal touches and great looking bikes, I think it has everything to do with the overall look and concept of things/mods done to the bike. It is not just a great paint job, wheels, aftermarket custom parts, LEDs, or Air Intakes that gives the bike a WOW factor. I really believe it's how well the creator makes all of the things/components mesh together on the bike to make the overall finished product flow and have an awesome look. Also, there is nothing wrong with guys trying to increase the performance of the bike. We are guys, and that is what we do. Most of us are just over-aged boys when you think about it. We like our toys, and we like our toys to go fast. It is what it is. Everyone of us that owns an M109R made a choice to buy this particular bike. Not everyone likes ZX14Rs or BUSAs. However, I would never tell anyone what they should or shoudn't buy. I personallly own two M109Rs and a ZX14R. So, I consider myself to have the very best of both worlds. However, I love the M109Rs so much I have decided to sell my ZX14R. That is an example of just how awesome the M109R really is.

Anyway, I really hope this whole thing works out with the group buy for the Q5 Air Intakes.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts