M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just filled up may gas tank today & now I have to remove my tank tomorrow to install the Gi Pro.

When I remove my tank, will I have a problem with all the gas leaking ???

·
Registered
595 Posts
You should ride it till the tank is almost empty or it will be very heavy when you try to lift it off and put it back on. Besides making it more work you will be much more likely to scratch it while trying to move it around with the weight of 5 gallons of unleaded.

When you disconnect the fuel line an ounce or so of gas will spill out so place a rag underneath to catch it.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
:agree::agree::agree: Had about 4 gallons in yesterday when the shop took mine off yesterday. Took two people to get it so they would not drop or damage it. They were even kind enough to thank me for filling it up before I brought it in:joke:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
go to an auto parts store and buy a siphon and drain the fuel into a clean bucket so that you can make life easier by working with a lighter/empty tank.

reference: 1 gallon of water = roughly 8 pounds.

don't know if i would want an extra 40# inside an already awkward shaped object to move around.

·
Registered
913 Posts
go to an auto parts store and buy a siphon and drain the fuel into a clean bucket so that you can make life easier by working with a lighter/empty tank.

reference: 1 gallon of water = roughly 8 pounds.

don't know if i would want an extra 40# inside an already awkward shaped object to move around.
1 gallon of fuel will weigh around 6.2lbs. Fuel is lighter than water, thats why it floats. EX: All the oil floating in the gulf

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
:beer3:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Even full, the tank is so easy to take off. Do it. Makes any job in that area 10x easier.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts