M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got this via E Bay.......Pyle 100 watt system. Amp/radio mounts under seat. Volume remote on handle bar. I mounted the speakers on my sissy bar lower mounts. I mounted there because the speakers made the handle bars look "cluttered" IMHO. If you own a Suzuki Sissy bar, the included hardware screws right into the hole! I could not believe it when it did. Anyway what y'all think? I will say this....it's loud!
View attachment 72508 View attachment 72509 View attachment 72510 View attachment 72511 View attachment 72512

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,823 Posts
Where do you keep your tools now?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
330 Posts
i am still yet to understand the facination with speakers on bikes?
i wear headphones inside my helmet and there's no distortion or bad sound due to having to crank it up and also i don't look like a 18 year old with his car stereo turned right up.

Each to their own though

·
Banned
746 Posts
i wear headphones inside my helmet and there's no distortion or bad sound due to having to crank it up and also i don't look like a 18 year old with his car stereo turned right up.

Each to their own though
Well good for you!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Each to their own though
:eek:.....mmmmmmm ok

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Handle bar mount now.....

OK the rear mount didn't go as planned. Not loud enough at road speed with them behind me. So I had to go with the handle bar arrangement. It will grow on me. I REALLY hear them now. When your sitting on the bike in the riding position the speakers are maybe 20 inches from your head/ears. I like 'em, and aside from the ear buds or helmet speakers.........these are safer IMHO. Some states don't allow ear buds but allow this type system. It's all good View attachment 72587 View attachment 72589 View attachment 72588

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
OK the rear mount didn't go as planned. Not loud enough at road speed with them behind me. So I had to go with the handle bar arrangement. It will grow on me. I REALLY hear them now. When your sitting on the bike in the riding position the speakers are maybe 20 inches from your head/ears. I like 'em, and aside from the ear buds or helmet speakers.........these are safer IMHO. Some states don't allow ear buds but allow this type system. It's all good View attachment 72587 View attachment 72589 View attachment 72588
That's how my system was mounted when I had it. Very functional but not the best looking.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's how my system was mounted when I had it. Very functional but not the best looking.
Yeah.....well you know, what ya gonna do.......:confused:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Yeah.....well you know, what ya gonna do.......:confused:
Nothin, it's the price you pay if you wanna have tunes. I had mine for about a year.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Here is what I use.
A Stereo Tank Bag.
It has high quality 4x6 inch Polk automotive speakers.
It has a 500 Watt Max./ 75 Watt RMS amplifier.
Bag comes on and off in seconds.
Goes REALLY LOUD with little distortion. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
Hooks up to your Battery Tender plug. (Ones included)
Plays any MP3 player with a headphone jack.

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not for tanks with speedos

Here is what I use.
A Stereo Tank Bag.
It has high quality 4x6 inch Polk automotive speakers.
It has a 500 Watt Max./ 75 Watt RMS amplifier.
Bag comes on and off in seconds.
Goes REALLY LOUD with little distortion. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
Hooks up to your Battery Tender plug. (Ones included)
Plays any MP3 player with a headphone jack.
The maker of this bag unit claims its not for tanks like the 9's:'(

·
Registered
292 Posts
Wrong, Scottr63 :verymad:

They fit perfectly on the M109. Don't know where you got that crap from.
I'm the maker of the bags and I've sold over 75 of this model and I've sold over 10 to people with M-109's.

Look on E-Bay for; Tank Bag Stereo.
If you contact me directly, I can give you the M-109 riders discount.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Scottr 63 NOT wrong. READ

Wrong, Scottr63 :verymad:

They fit perfectly on the M109. Don't know where you got that crap from.
I'm the maker of the bags and I've sold over 75 of this model and I've sold over 10 to people with M-109's.

Look on E-Bay for; Tank Bag Stereo.
If you contact me directly, I can give you the M-109 riders discount.:bigthumbsup:

Dude it came from your own Ebay page. Read the last line in YOUR auction. You might wanna re-word that. You might sell more to 9 riders if you did. It's a cool idea. But........ Everyone's speedo is CLEARLY on the top of the tank.:redfaced: Its all good, but I clearly described what I read and am not wrong with my post.

·
Registered
292 Posts
No dude, you are wrong.:-\

What it says is if your speedo sits ON TOP OF YOUR TANK, it may not fit.
You speedo is IN your tank, not on top.

And besides, you speedo is at the front of the tank, where the bag DOES NOT GO.

Maybe I will re-word it. Didn't know someone wouldn't understand.:dontknow:

·
Registered
292 Posts
OK, added this to the ad on e-bay. I hope this clarifies the confusion.

Fits most bikes with Speedo recessed into the tank, like VTX's, M-109's, Raiders, ect...

If your speedo or tach sits above the tank, the bag may not fit. Look at the pictures carefully before buying.

I changed ON the tank, to ABOVE the tank.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No dude, you are wrong.:-\

You speedo is IN your tank, not on top.

And besides, you speedo is at the front of the tank, where the bag DOES NOT GO.

Maybe I will re-word it. Didn't know someone wouldn't understand.:dontknow:
What ever man........it's the reason I didn't order it. You should re-word it (IMHO), and learn to take a little bit of constructive criticism, I might have just done you a huge favor. Let me know if your sales jump! Remember it was your description not mine. I bid you good day...........:p

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
???????

You speedo is IN your tank, not on top................................................how in the hell is the speedo IN the tank? It's on top! In the tank?? Good God man.....

·
Registered
292 Posts
Scottr63

" learn to take a little bit of constructive criticism "

If you'll notice the post above yours, you will see that I changed the ad.
I do know how to take criticism. It's just that i'm kind of a smart ass and can't help myself sometimes.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts