M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW, or perhaps I should say DAMN!!! :dontknow:

One of my good friends and riding partners stopped by my house yesterday to help me get my new CycleHouse Short Chrome Slotted Kickstand mounted on the 9 I just purchased from Reg-Man about 3 weeks ago. WOW/DAMN!!! He sat on the bike to keep it sturdy, while I damn near got a hernia from trying to remove the double springs from the stock kickstand. :-[ Well, it was even worse trying to put the double spring back on to the new kickstand. I thought for sure that I left one gonad out on the floor in my garage after I finally got them on. :eek: :joke:
Man, I was sweating like a pig once I was finished. Those springs are hard as heck to deal with. All I had available to use was a pair of medium size vice grips.

Thanks for the help "P".

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
:congrats: next time put coins in between the springs while it is down. Get enough stuck in and the spring will almost fall off.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
:congrats: next time put coins in between the springs while it is down. Get enough stuck in and the spring will almost fall off.
Great idea :bigthumbsup: Also, one spring is in side the other. You can pull one spring at a time and it is much easier then trying both at once.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
pics:dontknow:

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great idea :bigthumbsup: Also, one spring is in side the other. You can pull one spring at a time and it is much easier then trying both at once.
I did do them one at a time and it still wore me out. Heck, are you kidding me? There is absolutely no way I would even attempt to try taking off or putting on both springs at the same time. My body would probably blow a gasket or spring a serious leak before I could get them both off or on at the same time. :joke: I have two 9s, and I knew there were two springs for the kickstand. This was my second experience with the kickstand springs, as I had already put a custom kickstand on my 2007 M109R back in early spring. However, I thought that those springs might have been hard to get on due to the springs being fairly new and tight. Man, was I wrong about that. I am done with kickstand springs forever, I hope.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
wow great way to do it LOL I fought it a little as well,,,,,,,

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I did do them one at a time and it still wore me out. Heck, are you kidding me? There is absolutely no way I would even attempt to try taking off or putting on both springs at the same time. My body would probably blow a gasket or spring a serious leak before I could get them both off or on at the same time. :joke: I have two 9s, and I knew there were two springs for the kickstand. This was my second experience with the kickstand springs, as I had already put a custom kickstand on my 2007 M109R back in early spring. However, I thought that those springs might have been hard to get on due to the springs being fairly new and tight. Man, was I wrong about that. I am done with kickstand springs forever, I hope.
LOL, yea I can understand that. I have a set of spring loaded, long handle, rounded needle nose that lock on. All I did was just grab and a nice yank and they popped right on. I might have gotten lucky :D

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
I had a box of flat washers and stuck them between the coils. Do that with it extended, then as soon as you start to move the stand up the springs fall off. Makes it a heap easier than pulling or jerking on them. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts