M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been enjoying my 109 for over a year now, but this is my first bike. I never even sat on a running bike before my 109 was delivered to my house. So I am still a newbie.

I feel that I get pretty agressive in curves, but I am sure I would be amazed by how low some of you get in curves.

How low can you push this bike before your rear tire get to the point of breaking loose? Im running a 250 Dunny E3 and im guessing the breaking point changes when you ride 2up?

Thanks,
:cop:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
So
How low can you push this bike before your rear tire get to the point of breaking loose? Thanks,
:cop:
Well passed the point of dragging pegs (but not while riding two up)

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,078 Posts
Unless you hit something in the road, such as gravel, sand or oil, there are a lot of hard parts that will hit first. But once you hit something that doesn't give, like the exhaust or kickstand bracket, losing the rear tire isn't far behind. Dragging pegs is a good indication you are leaning it far enough.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Unless you hit something in the road, such as gravel, sand or oil, there are a lot of hard parts that will hit first. But once you hit something that doesn't give, like the exhaust or kickstand bracket, losing the rear tire isn't far behind. Dragging pegs is a good indication you are leaning it far enough.
:agree:.. Dragging the pegs is good to do while practicing because if you do it the first time in a tight turn on a two lane road with a car in the opposite lane and a drop off on your right it will scare the :edit: out of you!

IMHO, Zoom's advice is good. If you lean it too far you will loose traction on your rear tire and you will get introduced to mr asphalt in a hurry :nojoke:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,

I do drag my pegs often, just wondering how much further I can go. I am wondering this not just for having fun, but also for safety. To help gauge which evasive action is the best when met with an obstacle or that curve that sneaks you.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
There is a reason the feeler on the bottom of your pegs are actually called "Lean Angle Indicators"

They indicate that you are approaching the edge of how far the bike can safely go.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Thanks guys,

I do drag my pegs often, just wondering how much further I can go. I am wondering this not just for having fun, but also for safety. To help gauge which evasive action is the best when met with an obstacle or that curve that sneaks you.
I think all your concerns will come with time in the saddle. Just play it safe and over time your 9 will tell you what you can do and can't do with it. Again just be safe, work into everything about this beast. It will throw your a$$ off the back, if you take it for granted just once.........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts