M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been described before but I can't seem to find a post the explains how to removal those push-pin with-out breaking them. Can anyone give me a good run down on how to do that or post me a link to a thread to does?

Thanks

X

G

·
sure just take a nail or anything and push the center down in the center its a little post in the middle of the pin then pop it right off :) to put it back in just move that post back up until the bottom is closed up and push it back in.

can anyone tell me where to get more push pin's I lost my last one yesterday and can't find it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm sure the dealer can get them, but they'll be pricey. I know that Fastenal (www.fastenal.com) has a special catalog just for automotive items and there are a few pages with push-pins and other type fasteners.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I do mine like Firecat stated, but to put them back in, I pull the pin partially back out. This makes the clip go back in the hole easier. Once it's back in, I push the pin back flush with the clip.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The one I lost; I got the replacement from the a dealer in the local town.

G

·
thanks Medic I didn't know how to explain it :) and since I've now lost all 3 push pins on this bike I couldn't even take a pic. I'll check the local dealer then the on-line store thanks guys :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
I got some from the dealer. I had to order them and they were $1.49 for a box of 5 :bigthumbsup: Here's the part number - they're called a "clip" instead of push-pin or body pin: CLIP 09409-06314-5PK

One more thing... when you go to the parts counter, you have to use "VZR1800" instead of M109R for them to pull up a parts list :dontknow: At least the dealer I went to had to.

This is embarrassing :redfaced: but works pretty good... if you lose one, stick a tie-wrap through the hole and cinch it down for a temporary fix :doorag:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I read some place, someone used a screw or somthing instead of the stock pins. Anyone see that thred?
These push pins seem to get looser and looser each time you take them in and out. I would love to find an alternative that lasts and is a little easier.
I'm also not keen on speding $1.50 for 5 of them.
;)

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
firecat said:
thanks Medic I didn't know how to explain it :) and since I've now lost all 3 push pins on this bike I couldn't even take a pic. I'll check the local dealer then the on-line store thanks guys :D
If you have a local NAPA Store check with them. They usually have a wide selection of plastic fastners. Last time I visited them they had a large folder/binder containing everything you could think of.

·
Registered
98 Posts
People are complaining about $1.50 for 5? Damn, I read that and thought it was a decent price to keep it in good shape.

G

·
They are the same as the ones on the Honda Goldwing. There are like 20 of those suckers on the goldwing. Honds gets close to $3 each for them so for once Suzuki is a deal if you got 5 for that price. I think if you go onto Hal's other side Honda Direct Line, they may be on there, if not if you call them, they should be able to hook you up with them as they also sell OEM parts for Honda's.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Bruno said:
.... Honds gets close to $3 each for them...
Holy crap!

I never even thought to find the one I lost. It disappeared and the panel stayed in place, so.....

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Boy, what a pain in the butt these things are. I tried to get the two attaching the top of the Headlight cowling to its frame off last night and I didn't have much luck. I thought I could slip a screwdriver in behind the cowling then sorta mash the pin backward but it didn't want to come. I only had a few minutes to work on it before I had people come over so maybe I just need to work it some more. But these things are really a pain if you do not have easy accsess to the back side of the pin. Hopewfully i'll have better luck tonight.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Crying over a $1.50 for Push pins-Clips
wanting to know if ya can buy one spark plug per week
I mean I don't get it,this is the people ya send to the store to get a six pack and they come back with a tallBoy and two straws :D :D :D it's got me LOL

This is not meant to Piss anyone off !!! just stating my out look on the issue-CRAZY
I thought I had clicked over to the Humour section :D :D :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought push pins from Advanced auto in the self help section..door panel parts ect...They use basically the same thing to hold all plastic parts in auto's together..I thought I posted a part # some time back for some that I found that worked..

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
there are different styles of the push pins though. the ones by the battery box have the pin in the up position when locked and you push them down flush to release then back up to reset. the rest seem to be mostly the flush locked variety and yes when they fall you never know where they will go. had one take a bounce and I could not find it. it wound up laying up inside the belly pan that covers the shock! just bounced right up there. once you figure these pins out they are not too bad unless you lose them.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hey, You only partially push the center pin in to remove. You start off pushing the center in in until you feel it click in. Then you use a fingernail or small screwdriver to wedge it up. It should come up easily and then remove the whole thing. To put it back in, you push the center pin up and so it stays halfway above the circle part. Place it back into the hole and push the center pin flush. They are made to be reusable. JOHN

You don't push the pin completely through to make it work.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
albe said:
I wrote in thread that was deleted that I replaced my under the seat pins with black plastic license plate screws..there fit perfect. I don't remeber how much...but any autopart store has them. :bigthumbsup:
Thanks Albe,
I'll look for them.
:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts