M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends.

I'm glad this site exists

Currently I have a honda shadow 750 cc, and I want to change bike.

I use it regularly on weekends, but sometimes during the week for work, about 63 miles (100 km) from home to office and office to home.

I want to change because I need more power and want to take my wife in weekends.

Here in Mexico everyone says buy a harley, but I read very good comments about m109r and I really like the bike, also say here that the Harley is better because it is metal and not plastic like the M109R.

You who are the experts recommended to me the M109R?

Thanks friends, I hope you can help me.

Greetings from Mexico

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Most certainly

Believe me, you WILL NOT reget it if you buy an M109. You'll probaly wonder why you didn't it sooner. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
you wont find many harley lovers here! In a nut shell. the 109 is way more powereful,sexy fun bike to own and at half the price. its a no brainer.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
:agree: Hands down..The nine. Gives you everything a rider would want.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hello friends.

I'm glad this site exists

Currently I have a honda shadow 750 cc, and I want to change bike.

I use it regularly on weekends, but sometimes during the week for work, about 63 miles (100 km) from home to office and office to home.

I want to change because I need more power and want to take my wife in weekends.

Here in Mexico everyone says buy a harley, but I read very good comments about m109r and I really like the bike, also say here that the Harley is better because it is metal and not plastic like the M109R.

You who are the experts recommended to me the M109R?

Thanks friends, I hope you can help me.

Greetings from Mexico
This is almost like going to a Chevy dealer and asking them if you should buy a Ford.
I personally think Harley's are sold for the name. If you were to look what you get for the $$$$ the 109 hands down. For the amount that some of us have spent on our bikes and toys for it. You would barely get a base modle HD.
I know there is mostly M109R talk on here. If you are looking for long rides and your wife riding time to time. Look at the C109 as well.
Good luck with whatever your final choice may be.

I bought the ex a shadow 750. Now I'm stuck with it. I know what you mean lacking power. 6'1" 225lbs. Every time I ride it Chris Farley "Tommy Boy" pops in my head.:-\

·
Registered
623 Posts
Want metal? Get a C109 but then you won't have the Cool M109 looks

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
let them try to keep up to you plus the bike is liquid cooled heard its hot in mexico

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Ask your Harley friends about stock Horsepower , Stock Torque, or maybe

Why all harleys are so BORING

Plastic ?!?!? Over 750 pounds

and 4 valves per Cylinder, fuel injected, water cooled,you know New things, some call it Technology

dont follow the Herd :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Ask your Harley friends about stock Horsepower , Stock Torque, or maybe

Why all harleys are so BORING

Plastic ?!?!? Over 750 pounds

and 4 valves per Cylinder, fuel injected, water cooled,you know New things, some call it Technology

dont follow the Herd :bigthumbsup:
:agree: It's a heavy 750 pounds "plastic" made to look in the mirror if you still can see a HD going smaller and smaller and smaller ..... :pop:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
The first time you blow by your buddies on their Harleys like they are sitting still, you'll wonder why you even asked the question. :bigthumbsup:

Just be prepared to answer a lot of questions about it, and to lose some Harley friends since they won't like the attention you get. :D

·
Registered
427 Posts
better brakes, drive shaft, much better engine, better suspension, better handling, etc. Good choice. Plastic parts are fenders and side panels, no bad thing to this.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
The 2006 model is the only one with plastic engine pieces. From 07 on the same pieces are metal resulting in a 7 pound weight increase. But side-by-side,you cannot tell the difference between them, the plastic is that good.

You will not regret buying a 109 over a h.d. one bit. Far cheaper and there are plenty of mods to dothat will keep you occupied.

And the power!:eek: Not happening in a Harley.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
If you want some GREAT deals on a 109, go to the For Sale Section on here, there are several for you to look at, mine included!!

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136657

Heck, with the Blooming Hispanic population in my area, I wouldn't be suprised if you didn't have a relative just up the street from me!! You could visit them for a week and take the bike with you...

Don

·
Registered
12 Posts
:redfaced: My wife bought a HD (Dyna Super Glide Custom) this year after driving 4 sport bikes, result, next season she will drive a M109R2 like me :agree:, Before she bought the HD, I told her that she would be dissapointed, but like my Nick already said, am I in the age for having the wisdom, not to argue wit a woman when she has something in her head :joke:

When you like to drive a bike take the M109 :clap2:
When you like to impress the Senoritas in the Cantina without having to drive around with them, take the HD :redfaced:

OldBill

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
:redfaced: My wife bought a HD (Dyna Super Glide Custom) this year after driving 4 sport bikes, result, next season she will drive a M109R2 like me :agree:, Before she bought the HD, I told her that she would be dissapointed, but like my Nick already said, am I in the age for having the wisdom, not to argue wit a woman when she has something in her head :joke:

When you like to drive a bike take the M109 :clap2:
When you like to impress the Senoritas in the Cantina without having to drive around with them, take the HD :redfaced:

OldBill
you sir have not owned your 109 for very long have you?. you get tons more "senoritas" on the 9 than any H-D. just keep that rear cowl on and you wont have to haul them any were if you dont want.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts