Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im running a 280 metz

this week i got my second punture ,so after a fellow rider gave me a bottle

of foam i got home,question can i reuse the tyre ,also can i buy another 280

other then a metz!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Metzler is the only company that makes a motorcycle specific 280mm rear tire. Sorry, you are limited to one brand. Just like me.

I would run a tire with one plug, but I wouldnt take my chances with more than one. But thats up to you.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
My brother had up to three plugs in his 280 and took it to the belt.

I've been using the slime and love it. Nice thing about slime is, if you get another nail on the road all you do is pull it and move on..

And thats just my brother and I. We do things that most don't think to do..

Dave

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
My brother had up to three plugs in his 280 and took it to the belt.

I've been using the slime and love it. Nice thing about slime is, if you get another nail on the road all you do is pull it and move on..

And thats just my brother and I. We do things that most don't think to do..

Dave
or would not dare to do, LOL :joke:

I just recently put another tire on because of a second puncture and the hole was huge. I did not want to run two plugs. I use Dunlop 250's. I just don't want to pay the money for the Metz's because of the number of miles I put on. I have had 3 sets and have 31,000 miles on the M. You can see the tires and plugs on the album page under Doc Doc.

Doc

G

·
I would not recommend running multiple plugs, BUT..... There is nothing wrong with having it patched properly from the inside. It's more expensive, but a lot cheaper than a new tire. Make sure you get a stem patch. It has a solid rubber plug as part of the circular patch. When propperly applied to the inside of the tire it is held in place by the air pressure with no possibility of being blown out. The plug part keeps dirt and water from being forced through the hole and loosening a regular patch. You may have to hunt for a shop that uses them. Might even have to go to a car tire store. But they work. and are much safer than plugs of any kind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts