M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the beach and after 10 days I was itch-en for a ride. I started the bike in the garage and turned my back for a few minutes. When i looked back at the bike there was a puddle of gas forming at my kickstand.
Gas was leaking from behind the airbox!?!. I turned it off and took it outside. Took off the box and noticed some gas residue inside but nothing major. I started it up and let it Idle for 8-10 min and it never happened again.

I then took it for what I thought was going to be a short trip and I ended up doing 200 miles with no incident.
What the F#*! My first gremlin.

Anyone, Anyone, ....... Bueler? :dontknow:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Mine did this when I overfilled the tank and it all collected somewhere and leaked down on the floor when i moved the bike.... if you just filled it up, the answer is don't over fill....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the first thing I did was check the gas. Because I had been away so long I didn't remember when I filled it up last, but I had only 1 bar???

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine did the same thing. I found there is a fuel line that goes from one throttle body to the other that was leaking. Suzuki used a clamp that must be crimped to be tighened and it was not tighened enough. I was able to replace the clamp with one I could tighen and since had no problems. I hope this will help  :p

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'm keeping an eye on it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Same thing happened to mine. The first time I was concerned but it cleared up quickly. Last week the first sunny day went out started the bike and it poured gas out on the ground. It was not over filled, just not used for a week. Called the dealer and had them pick it up. I do not want to ride an uncontrollable rocket. Have not heard anything yet. Will post when problem is resolved.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just picked my bike up from the dealer. He had it for a week and it never leaked for him. He spoke with Suzuki and they had him do some testing but nothing showed up. I suspect it will happen again.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
next time pull the tank and under tank airbox and try and find it yourself. i would think as luck would have it that it wouldn't act up for the dealer, therfore nothing fixed. :evil:

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had this happen to me today after it sat for over a week. It had over 30 miles on the tank so it was not over filled. I took it to the dealer and of course it stopped before they looked at it. I put another 80 miles on it and nothing leaked.

Carl

·
Registered
23 Posts
This has happened twice. The second time I pulled the air box off of the left side and let the bike sit for a few days. Now it won't leak. :edit: I am going to try to put a clamp on the line going to the throttle body as this is the closest to where i think the leak is coming from. I will report back later with any results.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I may have over filled my, but it did not leak right away or I did not notice any leak right then. The bike sat for a couple of days and had 75 miles on the filled tank, started her up one morning and noticed gas was leaking from behind the left side air box. I rode to work, and no leak. I had both air boxes apart and loosen the gas tank to see where the leak is coming from. If I find out where is coming from, and I will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I thought I had it fixed with the clamp.... No Dice!!! Taking it to the dealer hoping they can find it. I only have 3 weeks to find it, because I'm riding to Biketoberfest. I'll keep yall well informed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts