M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have read other post were someone has had there 109 parked somewere and came out of the store to see a crowed of people checking out the bike. stoped at a local taco johns to eat lunch just happend to be a parking spot right in front of the front door . as i was eating my food noticed every one that left or was coming in stopped to check out my bike . finished eating had a big smile on my face jumped on the bike to go home and had even a bigger smile on my face all the way home!! some times its the little things in life that can put a smile on your face!! driving the 109 sure dose a good job fo doing that...

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was on bed yesterday sick :chillout: as a dog (food poison from a near by Italian restaurant) and I was hoping I could ride to Daytona last night but no way.

Late this morning I was feeling weak but I decided to hit the road any way and I left Orlando toward Cocoa Beach. By the time I had 3 miles on the bike I had four people telling me "nice bike" or asking about who make the bike. By the time I got to Titusville it was six people total and by the time I got back home there were a total of 9. I felt like the President; I just need it the background music.

Now I feel great. I guess is call it 109theraphy or something. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
379 Posts
While cruising this morning a fellow biker made a left in front of me. And after his turn he began rubber necking my bike. So much so he almost went in the ditch. Glad he didn't.

I get it a lot while on the highway from drivers in cars. It can be a little unnerving when some guy is eyeballing my bike and not the road ahead. No problem though. I got a throttle and I'm not afraid to use it. :super:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
erdy 109 said:
have read other post were someone has had there 109 parked somewere and came out of the store to see a crowed of people checking out the bike. stoped at a local taco johns to eat lunch just happend to be a parking spot right in front of the front door . as i was eating my food noticed every one that left or was coming in stopped to check out my bike . finished eating had a big smile on my face jumped on the bike to go home and had even a bigger smile on my face all the way home!! some times its the little things in life that can put a smile on your face!! driving the 109 sure dose a good job fo doing that...
Yup, same thing happened to me. Was with my GF and her 2 daughters, 11 and 12 y/o, and I parked it outside the front door of the local Taco Time while we all went in and ate. (they drove the car) I told them that everyone would be checking it out and they teased me, saying "yeah right, good luck with that" and damned if EVERYONE that went in and out of that place while we were there didn't stop and take a long hard look at it. And that's BEFORE I had it painted. I felt rather proud and vindicated. Of course my GF continued to tease me as she very patronizingly said "yes dear, your bike is the nicest bike in the whole world, and you are the coolest guy in town, isn't he girls?" They seem to think I like attention or something. ::)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Just finished up my barBQ at Hogs n Dogs on the outskirts of Dawsonville, GA today and was getting to continue my ride up in the n GA mountains. A guy on a Harley something or nuther (they got a zillion models) cruised by. I noticed him wrench his neck as he passed. I pulled out and headed up Hwy 9 in the same direction. The HD rider was about 200 yards ahead and turning around. When he saw me coming, he did another u turn and then pulled off the side of the road. He watched me pass checkin the 109 out hard and then pulled in behind. I hit the throttle and never saw him again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am from Texas but work in the Rockie Mountain's. But anyway I do a lot of work around the Denver, Greeley area and I go to Rockie Mountain National Park all the time. If you ever have time for vacation take this trip. And take 85 through S.D. to Sturgis. Anyway I go eat at the Hooters in Loveland, CO all the time, and next door is the Big HD Stealership which they also sell custom choppers and when the M1 drives up no knows what the hell it is. Plus I am running straight pipes so you know how it sounds! I had a guy that actually pulled me out of Hooters so I could tell him all about the M1 he had no clue about. It was a Sunday and by Mon. he was tradeding in his HD for a M1. I should sell this bikes because it doesn't take much to sell. They sell themselves. But there is a lot of pride for this bike. And a lot of respect. So lets keep it this way. Remember that every biker has his or her reason's for owning a bike. But no matter what kind, what color or what year we all ride together.

PIT

·
Registered
600 Posts
PittBull4939 said:
I am from Texas but work in the Rockie Mountain's. But anyway I do a lot of work around the Denver, Greeley area and I go to Rockie Mountain National Park all the time. If you ever have time for vacation take this trip. And take 85 through S.D. to Sturgis. Anyway I go eat at the Hooters in Loveland, CO all the time, and next door is the Big HD Stealership which they also sell custom choppers and when the M1 drives up no knows what the hell it is. Plus I am running straight pipes so you know how it sounds! I had a guy that actually pulled me out of Hooters so I could tell him all about the M1 he had no clue about. It was a Sunday and by Mon. he was tradeding in his HD for a M1. I should sell this bikes because it doesn't take much to sell. They sell themselves. But there is a lot of pride for this bike. And a lot of respect. So lets keep it this way. Remember that every biker has his or her reason's for owning a bike. But no matter what kind, what color or what year we all ride together.

PIT
Hey, Pit
I live in Aurora and am always cruising around in the hills. PM me some time and let me know if you want to go for a ride :doorag: We'll park 2 Ms in front of Hooters and watch the festivities commence :hot: :pop:

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l256/RockyMountainWay/Trail Ridge Road 07-06/?start=0

1 - 8 of 8 Posts