M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lamonster

That is starting to look seriously cool!

I assume that the triangulated aluminum flang is about the same size as the standard cover on the bike. I'm wondering if it would look a bit "meaner " if it that was a bit smaller so you could see more of the engine.

Morgs

P.S. Does the standard system restrict the intake much?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Morgs said:
Lamonster
That is starting to look seriously cool!
I assume that the triangulated aluminum flang is about the same size as the standard cover on the bike. I'm wondering if it would look a bit "meaner " if it that was a bit smaller so you could see more of the engine.
Morgs
P.S. Does the standard system restrict the intake much?
I agree, it does look very cool. I would also like to see something that reveals more of the motor :bigthumbsup:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right now we are thinking that the back plate will be black so that the air filter will stand out and not the adapter. The cap plate on the round filter on mine will be black with ball milled lines to match the cylinders. Like I said this is still in the ruff but it looks like the hard part is done. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Seems like that backing plate is the only thing that differentiates it from the tornado, the one part from the pics I would eliminate as JR said.
But hey I'm from another camp altogether, if it were up to me I'd have 2 massive forward facing scoops made of carbon fiber.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Is this just using the stock airbox with a replacement cover in place of the "chrome dome"?. Would be cool if it could replace it all and just feed straight into the intake tube that comes from the bottom of the tank. That would allow the motor to be more visible as well.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Actually, it appears the mounting adapter is indeed a replacement cover for the current air filter setup. This offers some interesting thoughts, one of them being this would give us massive intake capabilities particularly if original filter remains part of the intake system. I could enjoy a couple of Tonadoes as shown giving us that extra air. If thats the case, chrome the adapters and get us some dyno numbers. I hope I'm not being too directive.
It's that thirst for info and power.
Jerbear

·
Registered
231 Posts
Lamonster said:
Now before you say anything remember that this is in the ruff and we have a lot of options here like a Hyper charger on both sides. :evil:
Now you're talking! I'm a definite yes to that....

Would like to see chrome instead of black on your tornado though.

Can you demo leg clearance in riding position?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts