M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everone I am saving up for my own M19R right now. I currenty have Tl1000s The bike I owned before that was a sv650 I am getting tired of the sport bikes and I love the way the M109 looks. I jsut wanted to say hi and also what is the biggest size front and rear tire you can run on the stock rims??

·
Registered
263 Posts
On the rear according to tire manufactures the biggest is a 260mm. There are guys on here that run a metzler 280 on the stock rim. It can be done but wouldn't recommend it. As far as the front goes most commonly ive seen a 160 up front but because it is a back tire it has to be mounted backwards. There are some guys running a 170 up front not sure what mods are required if any.
p.s
buy the 9 you won't regret it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I starting to put together a parts lists for it now. I cant wait to get ride of the sport bike and get a comfy cruiser

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
The 170 up front is on a 17" rim, not a stock rim.

:welcome:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
:welcome: You will love the 9. When I saw one, I had to have one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm here also looking to buy a M109R.... and as my name indicates, sell my VTX1300S...

Can you tell me the difference between the R and the R2 models? Found a new 2008 R2 for $11,200 list....but need to know the difference first...thanks.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I'm here also looking to buy a M109R.... and as my name indicates, sell my VTX1300S...

Can you tell me the difference between the R and the R2 models? Found a new 2008 R2 for $11,200 list....but need to know the difference first...thanks.
The only difference is the headlight necel. Good luck with your search.

:welcome:(both of you) to the forum:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the answer.... I'd looked at the M109R's in passing in bike shops, but last weekend, I was on a ride and at one of the stops, I caught a glimpse of a highly customized one across the parking lot, and had to go see.... right then and there I knew the 9 would be my next bike!

You guys know if there will be many changes to the 2011 model (good or bad)? Ie. should I wait for the 2011 or go ahead with the 2008/2009 models I've found?? :dontknow:

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Thanks for the answer.... I'd looked at the M109R's in passing in bike shops, but last weekend, I was on a ride and at one of the stops, I caught a glimpse of a highly customized one across the parking lot, and had to go see.... right then and there I knew the 9 would be my next bike!

You guys know if there will be many changes to the 2011 model (good or bad)? Ie. should I wait for the 2011 or go ahead with the 2008/2009 models I've found?? :dontknow:
The op is looking for info on tires... not model year differences.
Might wanna consider starting your own thread as not to hi-jack this one any longer. Just sayin.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts