M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to installing my steble horn today and I used Rynosback's wiring harness kit. His kit was spot on perfect as well as his detailed How-to. A big thanks for making the steble mod an easy install. :bigthumbsup:

It took me longer to get that :edit: radiator shroud off than to install the horn. I went for a ride after I put bike back together and I was blowing at everything.:evil: This horn is loud in the side cover, sounds like a train. I now have a powerful horn for a powerful bike.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
Glad to hear that the install went smoothly. The Stebel mod does Rock and it is a must in my book. Thanks again and happy honking. :evil:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Glad to hear that the install went smoothly. The Stebel mod does Rock and it is a must in my book. Thanks again and happy honking. :evil:
So Ryan if I drop my bike off at your house will you do it for me?:dontknow:

:D

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I can if you want. But with you being a tech this should be a piece of cake. Plus I hate pouching BigPapa's customers. :D
LOL, I was just kidding. But thanks. I don't even have the horn yet. :D

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
You need to get one B, it is a GREAT mod, plus it might even save your life one day.
Oh I plan on it. I have Magnums on our other 2 bike and love them. I actually like the sound of those better.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I hear that these are in deed good harness that make the installation somewhat of a breeze; Maybe one of these days I'll be able to ask Santa Claus for one:bigthumbsup:. But as I previously told Ryan, as of today, I cannot see myself spending $45 plus dollars on a harness for a $29 horn:dontknow:.

Any chance that we have a correctional officer in the house able to force some prisoners to make some of these harnesses in bulk?:joke:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I hear that these are in deed good harness that make the installation somewhat of a breeze; Maybe one of these days I'll be able to ask Santa Claus for one:bigthumbsup:. But as I previously told Ryan, as of today, I cannot see myself spending $45 plus dollars on a harness for a $29 horn:dontknow:.

Any chance that we have a correctional officer in the house able to force some prisoners to make some of these harnesses in bulk?:joke:
Unless you have all the stuff laying around, go buy all of the stuff you need, and you will find out that you are into it for $20. The kit that comes with the horn, is worthless for the most part. I have probably installed 15 stebel horns with doing my own wiring for the first 8 or 9. I helped Ryan spec out the kit and helped him write the instructions. With that being said, I bought 2 for our bikes. Anybody that wants me to do a horn install now, the harness is a requirement or I will not do it. Instead of looking at it as a $45 harness for a $29 horn, look at it as if you would just buy a great horn, plug and play for $75. Honestly, you cannot beat that.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I'm interested......

BigPapa. Could you PM me for a quote for the whole kit and horn? I have a 2007, if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

Unless you have all the stuff laying around, go buy all of the stuff you need, and you will find out that you are into it for $20. The kit that comes with the horn, is worthless for the most part. I have probably installed 15 stebel horns with doing my own wiring for the first 8 or 9. I helped Ryan spec out the kit and helped him write the instructions. With that being said, I bought 2 for our bikes. Anybody that wants me to do a horn install now, the harness is a requirement or I will not do it. Instead of looking at it as a $45 harness for a $29 horn, look at it as if you would just buy a great horn, plug and play for $75. Honestly, you cannot beat that.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
BigPapa. Could you PM me for a quote for the whole kit and horn? I have a 2007, if that makes any difference.

Thanks.
Ryans harness is like $45 with everything you need as far a wiring. You can order the horn on DLP, and it comes with the relay for $45 I believe. Honestly, you can go get a horn at harbor freight or other parts stores as well as long as it is the same kind. It doesn't have to be a Stebel.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
that horn can be bought off amazon for 28.00

·
Registered
152 Posts
Im going to agree, did hid and stebel in the same night...im not mechanically inclined so thats pretty good. Also RYNO totally hooked me up and helped with any questions ive had. Thanks for everything.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
Your quite welcome. It as nice talking with you and :welcome: to the seeing and be heard club. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
So Ryan if I drop my bike off at your house will you do it for me?:dontknow:

You must be confuzed, you been drinking:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Im going to agree, did hid and stebel in the same night...im not mechanically inclined so thats pretty good. Also RYNO totally hooked me up and helped with any questions ive had. Thanks for everything.
Doing both is the way to go. Ryan hooked me up last year...:bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts