M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the chance to read a few dealer horror stories, so I thought I'd throw a curve and tell you that my experience was/is quite the opposite.  The dealer is M&S Sales in New Holland, PA and it's owned/operated by two brothers Dennis and Derrill Burkholder.  Not only were they the only dealer in the area (I covered a dozen dealers and three states looking) that allowed me to test drive the M109, but they also beat everyone else's price by $1000.  Just yesterday, I stopped in to ask about ordering the well-discussed spanner wrench for the rear shock.  Dennis looked it up and found that the M50 uses the same part, so he simply went over and gave me one from a floor model.  Of course, I assume he ordered a new one for the 50!  I know, I know...enough blowing smoke...it's just that they've made getting on my 109 the pure joy it's supposed to be.  So if you're ever in Lancaster County tooling down Rt 322, stop in and say hello to the Burkholders.   :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was gonna make this thread, now i can just reply to yours.  I had the BEST experience at a dealer i have ever had.  (and i work in the car business)

To start you may have seen a thread i started about my final drive leaking gear oil.  Some thought it may have been excess grease, but low and behold, it was a seal.  Couple days later i get it back and start riding again.  Yet again the bike is leaking.  So they replace the Sheild and bearing for the drive and low and behold it STILL LEAKS.  At this point im beginning to think my service department may be inept, up untill this point i chalked it up to new bike, inexperience in repair, tricky rear end maybe. 

So i bring the bike  in for the third time.   The owner comes up to me and says screw this, i'll have it done by 7.  This was at about 1pm.   He decided to rip the ENTIRE rear drive including shaft off of his last 06 for the season, and put it ON MY BIKE!!!!   This impressed me to no end.   So i come back at 7pm and he was just returning from a "test ride" on my bike when he smelled coolant.  The two owners, who are brothers, two techs, the service and sales manager ALL stayed to find a clamp at the bottom of the block was loose.  When they finally figured it all out it was 8:30.    They stayed 2 and a half hours AFTER the store was closed to make sure my bike was fully taken care of.

Then when riding home i realized they took the warning stickers off ( i mentioned it offhand as my first thing to do to the owners son a month ago).   The owner called me this morning on my cell phone and made sure everything was ok and gave me a free oil change and detail next time i need one. 

Now THAT is a dealer,   If your in the upstate NY or w/in  200 miles i'd say its worth the trip.

PM me and i'll tell you which dealer if your in upstate ny

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had great luck with my dealer in Prescott AZ. My buddy that was going to drive my car back found a nick in the front shroud. Well, I mentioned it, asked if they could do something ( I was thinking money off helmet etc,) and instead they ordered one for warranty replacement for me.

They were easy to deal with, seemed to like doing business, and they were quite good people.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
The problem with my sucky dealer is they know it and dont seem to care.
Everytime the F-UP they say Ok we will order it... I dont want it replaced... I want it not to be damaged/scratched/goooed up in gthe first place

Grrr

·
Registered
101 Posts
nah, i mean i had started the job anyway. They were unreadable so removing a blank sticker can't catch them too much flack.

·
Registered
101 Posts
eh, been buyin bikes here since i was 18. Fact is they can only get sued if I sue them. They know me, not my style. I appreciated the gesture.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Good review quicksilvah.

I was at M&S in Lancaster county, PA about 3 weeks agoand they were sold out of 109s. The salesman DID offer to sell me a warrior. ::) Kudos to him. His boss should be proud.

Lack of test rides from dealers had been discussed. I was able to get a test ride from one of our bros on this board. Thanks Rangemaster.

Anyway, I had to leave and go almost 200 miles away to get one under $11200 OTD. So I did, of course :p
I'll never be able to comment on my dealer's service, but the sales process was easy, straightforward, honest, and fast. All I wanted.

http://www.cycletrader.com/dealer.html?2853278

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Well I guess I better give Kudos to my dealer as well. They worked me a good straight price and I didn't have any oil issues or anything like that. My tank had a chip in it from shipping and they had a new one already ordered when I picked it up. Then just last Saturday my clutch started acting up started slipping (while riding in a parade) and they got it in and got the problem covered Under Warranty!! They said something about bolts and the pressure plate. All I know is they have taken good care of me and they still have 2 109's to sell. I've purchsed the only one from them, but I feel like a ROCK STAR everytime I go in to talk to them!! :bigthumbsup: I'm in the Des Moines area if anyone needs a good dealer!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts