M109 Rider Forums banner

What are your thoughts on the proposed Agenda?

• Absolutely Hate it!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Give us your feedback on the proposed meet and greet Agenda listed below:
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meet at 11:00am at Capitol Cycle (Exit 5 on I-475 - Macon) - 4950 Mercer University Drive. http://www.capitolcycle.com/

NOON: Leave out and group ride to Sprewell Bluff. (take break/pictures...etc)

1:30pm: Leave Sprewell Bluff and ride to Warm Springs/Pine Mountain (take break/visit Dowdells Knob overlook/fuel up...etc)

3:00-3:30pm: Leave Pine Mountain area and head back to Lake Tobo in Macon.

4:30pm: Arrive at Fish & Pig restaurant for early dinner & end meet/ride there overlooking the lake. Everybody rides home from this point.

Proposed Group Ride Route: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...cba352ce5&z=10

Note: I tried to incorporate as many nice curvey, scenic, country roads that I know along the way on this route. There will be very few hwy miles, mostly 2 lane good condition backroads.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
It looks awesome to me, but truth be told I just would like to meet some new friends and get a good day of riding in! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
If this is the final agenda I might just meet at 11 and hang with everyone until the ride starts only. I'm going to have a 2 1/2 hour highway ride to Macon and another 2 1/2 hours back home. Add in the 4 1/2 hours of riding in the agenda and that's 10+ hours on my bike (5 of which on the freeways). I was primarily looking forward to meeting the good folks of the georgia 109's for some conversation and bike ogling and was more excited when this was the suggestion being made. I might even had gone for a shorter ride.

I'm not complaining or anything like that, I'm just throwing out my opinion and feedback

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If this is the final agenda I might just meet at 11 and hang with everyone until the ride starts only. I'm going to have a 2 1/2 hour highway ride to Macon and another 2 1/2 hours back home. Add in the 4 1/2 hours of riding in the agenda and that's 10+ hours on my bike (5 of which on the freeways). I was primarily looking forward to meeting the good folks of the georgia 109's for some conversation and bike ogling and was more excited when this was the suggestion being made. I might even had gone for a shorter ride.

I'm not complaining or anything like that, I'm just throwing out my opinion and feedback

The ride is still up in the air plus it will be a very laid back ride as well with some stops and hanging out kind of thing not like our normal Balls to the wall ridding thru the mountains that Nathan takes us on! :D

·
Registered
735 Posts
The ride is still up in the air plus it will be a very laid back ride as well with some stops and hanging out kind of thing not like our normal Balls to the wall ridding thru the mountains that Nathan takes us on! :D
:agree:..... not ,,,,, LOL

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
If this is the final agenda I might just meet at 11 and hang with everyone until the ride starts only. I'm going to have a 2 1/2 hour highway ride to Macon and another 2 1/2 hours back home. Add in the 4 1/2 hours of riding in the agenda and that's 10+ hours on my bike (5 of which on the freeways). I was primarily looking forward to meeting the good folks of the georgia 109's for some conversation and bike ogling and was more excited when this was the suggestion being made.
Yeah do whatever your comfortable doing. It's gonna be a 2-1/2hr ride in for the extreme North & extreme South riders. It would be nice to meet & ride with you however so I hope you can make it. :bigthumbsup: Even if you want to just ride to Pine Mountain and start heading back from there I can put you in the right direction to get up back home. You can jump on I-85 not too far from there.

10hr -12hr day ride is usually what I like to do! :dontknow:............:doorag:

not like our normal Balls to the wall ridding thru the mountains that Nathan takes us on! :D
What?!............Looks who's talking! :joke:

Oh I voted for "Looks Awesome"........................wait a minute, wasn't I the one who.........;)

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am really looking forward to this meet and greet! I was wondering if there was anyone around the Lawrenceville area that was planning on attending. athomas mentioned some are group riding down, and I would like to hook up with any group that is planning on attending. Looking forward to meeting you guys. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am really looking forward to this meet and greet! I was wondering if there was anyone around the Lawrenceville area that was planning on attending. athomas mentioned some are group riding down, and I would like to hook up with any group that is planning on attending. Looking forward to meeting you guys. :bigthumbsup:
Bobbymac lives up in Braselton so that is not to far from lawrenceville and there is another guy, Raider that lives in Suwanee. We can plan on everyone coming from the North to meet up off 75 somewheres and ride down as a group or something if they are planning to go interstate. We'll see, lets get the date planned first!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
PINE MOUNTAIN PREVIEW RIDE (VIDEO)

Well since we might possibly ride over to Pine Mountain as a group I thought I'd share this little vid I just did for my friend in case some of you have never been down this way. He took his SV-650 over there on Saturday and got some ride footage with his GoPro HD cam.

It at least gives you a little idea of the roads over that way. There's some good curves and nice long sweepers and some nice views 400' above the valley below.

Watch it in 480P or 720HD if possible. I'd like to have about 20+ M109's riding down this stretch of road soon! :doorag:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great Video!! I like the shots of the camera looking back at him especially when he is really in the curve!! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts