M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's the scenario. You're riding alone and you're on or entering the X-way, and observe a sizable group of bikes in front of you. Is it appropriate for you to close in and ride at the tail of the group? Or should you keep you distance or blow past them.

This has happened to me on several occasions in Southern Florida on I-75. You have no idea whether this is a charity ride or what. If some sort of entry fee has been paid by these riders I'm sure they don't want you tagging along even though your all heading the same way. What do you guys think

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Open 'er up and scream on by:bigthumbsup:

that way there's no confusion:D

in the past I've just kept my distance if I had to run behind them, but at the same time, you're on a public roadway, it's not like you're going to stay with their group for their ride. so long as they're not an MC you should be fine either way.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I blew by a group yesterday and happened to run into them at a gas station later down the road. They didn't mind, in fact, they came over to check out my bike. They were impressed how fast I blew by going up a hill. They were all on Kawsaki Vulcans.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:agree:Yeah! that was sort of my opinion, to just pass the group. I guess I just did not want anyone thinking that I was being a smart a_ _.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Check for Colors! Ya never know:eek:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Why in the world can you pass a bunch of guys on sport bikes and it is no problem. But if you pass a group of 3 patch guys on HD,s you gotta run for you life?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Why in the world can you pass a bunch of guys on sport bikes and it is no problem. But if you pass a group of 3 patch guys on HD,s you gotta run for you life?
not sayin you have to, but depending on the temperment of the group they may have a problem with being on my right side when I blow by. And when I say "blow by" I mean kick up dust, debris, rocks, roadsalt, roadkill, and anything else that gets caught under my Bassanis:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Open 'er up and scream on by:bigthumbsup:

that way there's no confusion:D

in the past I've just kept my distance if I had to run behind them, but at the same time, you're on a public roadway, it's not like you're going to stay with their group for their ride. so long as they're not an MC you should be fine either way.
:agree:100%. we are all sharing the same public highway. if the group of people riding don't understand that, well than i don't know how else to explain it to them. if it is a big group, and traveling slow as chit, then i would blow pass them. ok, ok, i am lying, i would blow past them even if they were crusing along at a decent speed. :evil:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
If I was in a group ride, I wouldn't mind an experienced rider joining in, as long as they aren't on a Yamaha Virago 250:barf:

·
Registered
680 Posts
In my younger days i would have blown right past and never looked back but having that done to me many of times is a different story! these bikes as many of others are a bit loud when pinning it and can scare the piss out of someone if not knowing there coming! I get pissed when someone\anyone blows past me. Especially the sport bikes when they are in and out of traffic and pass you so close you could touch them!:verymad:
had a funny story that could have ended up not too funny! A friend and i were out tuning our bikes for the top end races down here (Hayabusas) and at the end of the night\early morning we were heading home and my friend gunned it and passed the car, scared them so bad that the car swerved and spun out doing about 60 mph. luckily they ended up on the grass and not the trees or water. As I slowly drove past you could see they were shakin up a bit but ok and YES they got the car going again!
be careful when suprising someone with a fly by!
Juice109

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Depends on my mood. Sometimes I'll just stay behind them, other times I'll blow by. Depends on if I'm feeling spry or mellow....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts