M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I drove from NM to Ohio in a '72 Dodge truck hauling my M109. This next year I want to do something a bit differant:bigthumbsup:

I am now the proud owner of a '48 Ford (almost hurts to say) F1 panel delivery. I first saw this panel sitting in a field 25 years ago and paid it no attention. I have a buddy who bought it last year and its sat in his back yard since. Darn thing kept drawing my attention til I couldnt stand it anymore so I made a trade (68 Fury) with my buddy.

Plans are for either a Dodge Dakota chassis (two wheel drive) or a ford explorer (4 Wheel drive) running either a Mercedes Diesel or a Cummins.

I have a 440 Magnum that would be a sweet runnin' engine in the F1, but I want the fuel mileage outta the diesel for the trip-Not to mention that I have 150 gallons of diesel owed to me:bigthumbsup: and running two 35 gallon poly tanks underneath would save major bucks cross country:bigthumbsup:

I am stoked on this project...

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
this should be good. :pop:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Man, that will be a sweet hauler, Ya gonna put some bones on the a$$end to bring er down a bit, LOL

·
Registered
595 Posts
Looks fine the way it is!! :joke:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
great, have fun restoring it, great find:bigthumbsup: PS looking at the panel truck again, as a child, we had bakery products man, "Helms Bakery" stop in the neighborhood every week, gee whiz, I miss that truck

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,882 Posts
Bro, paint that thing up like the Gravedigger! That will make an awesome bike hauler. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
890 Posts
That truck is to cool and only better with a bad ass nine in the back what a statement .

Rudeboy man did you date your self I was born and raised in Torrance when you mentioned the helms truck, Had not thought about that for many years guess that dates me too!

·
Registered
205 Posts
interesting project. If you plan on keeping it after working on it, I'd go with the Cummings engine. If you think you might part with it some time after the build-up, go save the Cummings for another project.

I've done enough projects in my lifetime to know that we don't always keep what we think we will keep.......

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I like it the way it looks now. Just add the running gear and make it safe.
X2. Make it streetable with some cool wheels, and rock it!!

I have to agree with hunt4steve on the cummins. I"m a diesel mechanic and the Mercedes are riddled with problems.

-Josh

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Seems like I got sooooo much going on today it would be hard to devote the time for such an undertaking. Just looking at the picture of this project makes me cringe!
Heck! I can't find the time to install the last few mods to my 9!
Good luck with it bro..and keep us posted!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
This is gonna be SAWEEET!:bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have to agree with you guys on the cummins:bigthumbsup:

Right now I have a hundred ideas floatin' thru my brain -whats left of it from being on this forum for over a year:D

How about a blue and white scheme too match my 07 LE? I'm with HM109 that a nine theme would be cool..
Anybody have the # for Foose:joke:

And Zoom, yea my first thoughts when I saw this panel was of the grim reaper:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Somebody needs to hook this guy up on an episode of "Overhaulin" :bigthumbsup: I can't wait to see the results!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts