M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started the upgrade to the 300mm club! I ordered the DLP swingarm, they only had black so I sent it to Jerry to chromed and received it late last week.

Work is is in progress and hopefully will be done this week so I can ride! We still have to work on the fender to get the fatty to fit, but we'll get there.

It's funny how 3/4 of an inch difference can make such a difference between the 280 and 300, but I likey.

Here are some pics of the progress.

It looks like my bike got rear ended.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looks good. Maybe after Im done with all the other mods, this will be last mod. How many man hours did this take? and how much fabrication?

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Waiting for the final image sure its gana be supper look :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
That looks just---------

AWESOME!!!!!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks good. Maybe after Im done with all the other mods, this will be last mod. How many man hours did this take? and how much fabrication?
I'm not sure how many hours yet, we'll still working on it. The mechanic is working on getting the fender worked out to fit. There are some ridges under the fender that need to be removed to get the tire to fit.

I'll let you know how many hours he has into it when he's done.

This is probably one of my last mods NOT, there is allways paint, nitrous and other mods that show up on this board.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
congrats, get ready for the head aches....... LOL LOL :bigthumbsup:
I can't say you didn't warn me! I've got a great mechanic and I'm sure he'll get it to fit!

I just got tired of people asking me is that a 300 and I have to say no it's a 280. So now I can just say YES it is!

Did you use Dynabeads in yours? If so how many ounces?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Topher, sorry to be the one to point it out but........your AZZ IS HUGE!:D

·
Registered
237 Posts
theres a dlp sale should i buy it for 3/4 in and all the hassle or should i stick

to the 280 noing people think its a 300 ?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
theres a dlp sale should i buy it for 3/4 in and all the hassle or should i stick

to the 280 noing people think its a 300 ?
Just lie and say yes it's a 300! I know some of the other 300 guys say stick with the 280. I'll have more of an opinion when it's done!

You also have to get the DLP swingarm (which is usually back-ordered), modify the ridges under the fender (cut them out and re-weld if you want to lower the bike), and shave a tad off the left side of the tire. That's what I know to this point.

·
Registered
237 Posts
they say that u cant get the wheel of without taking the (dlp)swinging arm off

is that true or can u take the fender off &hubs and remove the wheel

now if u can id buy 1&a 300 but if not ,im not interested i had 2 punchures this year &removing the 280 10" is hassle removing the swinging arm that would really suck!

let me no the awnser if any one nos if the dlp&10" will remove with the rear fender&hubs removed!

thanks!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts