1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Progressive Suspension: 465 Series
Motorcycle Monoshock
http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/progressive-suspension-465-series-monoshock
Suspension tuning can dramatically improve the ride quality, handling and comfort of your motorcycle and the more tools available to work with, the better the results.
With that in mind, Progressive Suspension has added a Hydraulic Ride Height adjuster to their 465 Series line of high-performance motorcycle monoshocks.
The 46mm bore shock is also stuffed with features like deflective disc damping, threaded body and a 5 position rebound adjuster.
Setting it up to perfectly match your motorbike, weight and riding style is now a few clicks away. Includes remote mounting bracket.
Progressive Suspension offers both stock height and lowered applications for Suzuki M109R
The 465 Series Monoshock with Hydraulic Ride Height Adjuster has an MSRP of $745.90.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you this type of input is what I'm looking for

thank you this is the type of input that I'm looking for :p I will look into these . off the top do you know what I'll be spending and how would or do they compare to what I have which is stock.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
You can go out and buy an air ride system new for anywhere from $800-1000. I was lucky and bought mine for almost half price from a member who had never installed it on his bike. Sometimes if you wait you can get a better deal. There was an Arnott system for sale for about $500 recently.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How does it compare

How does the Arnott system compare to stock

·
Registered
738 Posts
You can go out and buy an air ride system new for anywhere from $800-1000. I was lucky and bought mine for almost half price from a member who had never installed it on his bike. Sometimes if you wait you can get a better deal. There was an Arnott system for sale for about $500 recently.
You can get them every day for less than $800 - you just have to know who to ask...

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority here. I'd rather have a real performance shock than an air shock, if you want the shock to function like a shock. Nothing wrong with an air ride and they are cool, I had one, but I still prefer the simplicity of a good shock. And either the Progressive you linked or the Ohlins made for the 109 are good shocks. Just depends on what you want out of it.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I would go for the Ohlins also. They have a GREAT reputation.
:agree: 100%! The Ohlins is expensive but they are far superior shocks to any others out there. I had one on my Busa and loved it! It costs more than an air ride but it is dependable and 100% reliable, the air ride is not! After 3 months with the Arnott air ride and dozens of phone calls, countless hours of labor and searching for leaks, and several replaced parts (all of them actually) the system is not 100% reliable and would definetly get a dependable, adjustable shock like the Ohlins.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Solid feedback You Guys are on the Money

Solid . Ohlins sounds to be the better choice and really you guys that have the air setup how often do you get to demonstrate the sweetness of the lowering, It does look bad azz but I do want dependability or show a stopper . I'm so stoked that this forum exist , not knowing any fellow 109 riders or riders for that matter this forum is by far helpful .

·
Registered
733 Posts
This is an old thread, but I'm doing research on suspensions and found it.
I checked the Ohlins site and I don't see the M109R listed. Do they in fact have a shock for this bike?
Any other shock besides the Progressive 465?

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Might be tough for us North American 9ers to get the Wilbers shock....

Any chance you can explain why you were not impressed with the Progressive?
Considering the switch to Progressive from my Tricky Air Ride...any progressive comments from those in the Know?????

·
Registered
921 Posts
Might be tough for us North American 9ers to get the Wilbers shock....

Any chance you can explain why you were not impressed with the Progressive?
In all honesty it may not be the Progressive shocks issue as I have nothing to compare it to except the stock shock.

I have used Nitron, Ohlins and Hagon shocks on my other bikes and there was a noticeable improvement in the ride quality. Just not feeling it with the Progressive on the 9. The adjuster for the damping doesn't actually seem to do anything on my shock, maybe I just have a duff one? Was hoping to send it off for a rebuild this year as it's probably done over 10K miles so might need servicing anyway.
Many people like the Progressive shocks, my friends have them on their Harleys.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
After getting the pre-load adjusted correctly I like mine. It took me a little to get it right. Better than stock.
Re-springing the forks made a huge difference also.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
After getting the pre-load adjusted correctly I like mine. It took me a little to get it right. Better than stock.
Re-springing the forks made a huge difference also.
This! I absolutely loved my progressive. However, if you are coming off an air ride, it is hard to compare. Air ride is better, but progressive is night and day better over stock. Once I got my progressive dialed in it was close to my arnott air ride. However, once you do your front forks, and change the crap oil and put in 10w, it makes a huge difference with all shocks. After doing that, I fell in love all over with the 109 and wished I did it right from the beginning.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts