M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it took 4500 miles to cook the stock Dunnie. Thought it would be helpful to those interested that there was not one "burn out" on this tire. There was a lot of powering through first gear and corners. Guess you can see that in the profile of the tire. There are actually three distinct areas of wear, the center is flat and both sides are scalloped. The Dunnie D221 is a sport tire with relatively soft rubber compound. All in all, I guess 4.5 K wasn't bad mileage! A Avon Venom 250/40-R18 was the replacement for this tire.

Another view!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Man I haven't ever seen a tire wear like that. Looks like this baby may have had some internal problems to begin with and maybe some pressure problems. I have 5300 on mine and it has very little wear. No burnouts but some hard cornering and fast accelaration.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dbritton1963 said:
Man I haven't ever seen a tire wear like that. Looks like this baby may have had some internal problems to begin with and maybe some pressure problems. I have 5300 on mine and it has very little wear. No burnouts but some hard cornering and fast accelaration.
I could have probably babied another 750 to 1000 miles out of this tire but with MY A$$ sitting above it I thought it would be wise to mount the Venom R and be done with it. In retrospect I should have taken some water with a little bleached mixed in and smoked it until the cords were showing :D :D :D :D :D There is nothing more exilerating than filling a fenderwell with tire smoke! I kind of like the smell of burnt rubber too!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
J R said:
Man you shoulda finished that thing off with a nice burnout and a pic for the site.Shame Shame Shame :joke: :doorag:
I guess I blew my chance, JR! Next time :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
bob109 said:
Well it took 4500 miles to cook the stock Dunnie. Thought it would be helpful to those interested that there was not one "burn out" on this tire. There was a lot of powering through first gear and corners. Guess you can see that in the profile of the tire. There are actually three distinct areas of wear, the center is flat and both sides are scalloped. The Dunnie D221 is a sport tire with relatively soft rubber compound. All in all, I guess 4.5 K wasn't bad mileage! A Avon Venom 250/40-R18 was the replacement for this tire.

Another view!

You still had a good 1500 miles left in that tire Bro. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts