M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This gentleman is the most knowledgeable tuning guy I've ever dealt with. He is considered the Guru of ZRX and FZ1 performance, and he offers parts for all of the modern sportbikes. Typically if you buy a Power Commander from him, he will load an Ivan map in it before he delivers it. He can sell pipe and intake combos at competitive prices. I called him today and wanted to pick his brain about the M109R. Although he is aware of it, he hasn't been able to work with one yet to see what, if anything can be done to improve it. He's in upstate New York and he said he's willing to spend a little time with someone's bike up there if you'll go visit him. If he sees an opportunity with this bike, we will all be the better for it! Ted

Ivan's Performance Products
175 N. Route 9W - Unit #1
Congers, NY, 10920
Phone: 845-268-1212
Fax: 845-268-8291
www.ivansperformanceproducts.com

Shop Hours:
Mon - Fri 10am-6pm
Sat 10am-2pm Eastern Time

·
Registered
101 Posts
i live up in albany and may be willing to sacrifice a couple riding days for the good. Is this guy really into tuning this bike?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 109 is new, so he hasn't seen it yet. If he thinks there's a market for his services he'd do it. He said he'd like to look at it. Trust me, you'll learn a lot talking to him. He really is awsome.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
sounds like a good opportunity. i hope one of you yankees up there take him up on it :p. might have to wait until some pipes, air cleaners, and the power commander are available though.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
phaed said:
sounds like a good opportunity. i hope one of you yankees up there take him up on it :p. might have to wait until some pipes, air cleaners, and the power commander are available though.
I agree that we may not have parts support to address the issues yet, but at least he can verify the stock design strengths and weaknesses. I'm personally worried about exhaust, and what brand/style REALLY works. I'm new to the cruiser world.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Congers is not upstate NY. It is only 30+ miles from Manhattan. I live about 35 minutes away, However, having to much fun riding to let it sit for an examination, especially now that the weather is so nice.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have to be in the area today. I will try and stop by to let him take a look at the bike. At my age I am just glad to be able to swing a leg over and go for a ride, so I really do not need the extra power, but in the spirit of brotherhood I will let Ivan eyeball my ride

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
taijiman said:
I have to be in the area today. I will try and stop by to let him take a look at the bike. At my age I am just glad to be able to swing a leg over and go for a ride, so I really do not need the extra power, but in the spirit of brotherhood I will let Ivan eyeball my ride
Taijiman, that is really great! Can't wait to hear what happens

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sorry fellows
I stopped at Rockland County Motorcycle Service today, but Ivan was to busy working on a crotch rocket driven overnight from Canada that had to be back on the road today. I must say that the big M109R is out of place in this shop filled with rockets. I will try to get back to him next week. His shop is so clean you can eat from the floor. The work environment says a lot.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
thanks for trying T.

·
Registered
135 Posts
A shift change at work will prevent me from going back to Ivan any time soon. If someone else could make the trip to his shop he will be glad to look at the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts