M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, these bikes have only been out for a short time and it seems like there are hardly any left, does anyone know how many were produced for 2006? I finally got a black one coming in a few weeks after calling almost every dealer in Ontario, Canada.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i read somewhere that there were 2500 in the first run. i don't know how often they do "runs" though. i've also heard that they will be releasing a new model based on the 109 later this year, and a third model at the beginning of next year. i'm really curious what those could be. i hope they aren't retro/classic...i'd more prefer a solid blacked out (no chrome), a drag model, or perhaps something even more futuristic.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard that a 109C is planned for production in 2010 but we will see it in 2008. It will include factory hard bags, sorry that all the info. I have reason to believe its accurate.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I GOT 00141 my buddy has been waiting a month for a silver they have been geting them in pretty regular down here in FLA but not alot of silver.

·
Registered
817 Posts
phaed said:
i've also heard that they will be releasing a new model based on the 109 later this year, and a third model at the beginning of next year. i'm really curious what those could be. i hope they aren't retro/classic...i'd more prefer a solid blacked out (no chrome), a drag model, or perhaps something even more futuristic.
The plan right now is to release a new Boulevard later this year, and two next year. Almost certainly at least one of these will be based around the 109 engine. Maybe all three, but there's no way to be sure. Of course, all of this is subject to change.

I have not heard a thing about designs. However, if I HAD to guess, my money would be on the following:

1) a "traditional" C109 cruiser, something along the lines of the C90, but updated and cooler. I'd go out on a limb here and say it's almost a definite. This would capture the more conservative types who are drooling over the 109 engine but don't care for the radical M109R design. Probably nothing nearly as fancy as the new Yamahas, though. Accessories have never been Suzi's strong suit, as we are all painfully aware.

2) a fully-equipped "hard bagger" that would compete directly with the Kawasaki Nomad. Touring is a huge category in which Suzuki has been weak for several years now (unless slapping leather bags and a windsheild onto a cruiser counts, which it doesn't in my book) There have been a TON of buyers who've jumped up from their very popular C50 models straight to the Nomad. Suzuki is well aware of this, and they want those customers back. And finally, they have an engine to build a great touring bagger on. It will be tough to place an offering here that will be competively priced with the Nomad (<$13K), but if anyone can do it, Suzuki can.

3) Thus far, Suzuki has given up the 1100 - 1500 middle market completely. They have nothing to compete with the Hondas and Yamahas here. It's possible they may introduce a completely new engine in this category. Kind of a "little brother" to the 109; the same awesome technology in a smaller, more affordable package (~ $9K or thereabouts). While this is not a really strong segment of the market, there are great opportunities to be had there.

This is all purely speculation, mind you. I have no solid information (except for the plan to introduce three new Bouldvards). That said, I'd still bet good money I'm right on at least two out of three. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I know were there are a few left in canada because I just finished looking all over for a burple one myself.javascript:void(0);
javascript:void(0);

1 - 8 of 8 Posts