M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed to vent a little. First off it took nearly a month to get the part i'm about to vent on (regardless of bike week)
"Who totally shuts down operations these days" Poor business practices if you ask me. Some of you that ordered a part(s) late FEB early Mar can sympathize. Anyways...

I dropped the 90 off today with the hopes that my bike would be lowered 2 inches via (Raw Design) lowering bones. My hopes were shattered when my mechanic called to say that they did not fit. Is it possible that my set of bones were cut incorrectly?????? Its up for debate, but I will tell all of you this. Currently at point, I am 100$ into labor fees, (which I wont pay for in the end) for the mechanic tearing my bike apart and not being able to put the part on. After numerous calls back and fourth between my mechanic and Raw Design, I am no closer to a "feel good" about the situation. At this point, the mechanic wants me to send the part back to have them, redrill/resend if its defective the part. Rather then "alter" the part himself(my mechanic), should something goe wrong and I crash and burn, then they (Raw Design) can pay my wife's pain and suffering
Either way 100$ and no installed part.

I will keep you all informed on the developments of this story. It seems that the Raw team toots their horn on this site, but i'm not convinced that they are what they seem to be. On a side note and more personal...Regardless of how simple you (raw design) makes it out to be on making the part fit (file, punch, drill what ever). If you fab a part, then it should fit....bottom line. Especially on a production bike. If your parts are imprecise then say so. Otherwise I hope this is a defective part and you replace the part and cover my expenses. I really hope it all works out in the end.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hmm, i wonder.. (and i am not sticking up for anyone here) if the bolt size might have changed at some point during production of the bike? I just had the same problem... it is a simple mistake if the machine shop simply used the wrong bit while drilling.. but it seems if many were made with no problems and then someone had a prob... maybe there was a change in suzuki production at some point for bolt size?

By the way... John answered my email immediatly and is going out of his way to correct the issue so we can get the prototype 3" bones set and ready for everyone else. I would hope with raw designs reputation they would do the same for you.

Best of luck to you and i hope all works out for you.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Raw designs reputation???

We all know well enough of the issues BigPappa, and other have had, we do not need to re-hash that.

BUT, their reputation is not the best.

(on a side note)
I pmed each of the co-sponsors on this site to ask for donations, or discounts for the Vegas meet, and Duck was the only one who helped out. I got more from the "pm/back door vendors" then the true co-sponsors.
(I personally, will not do business with anyone who can't return a simple pm)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Yesterday I installed the LED rear signals from Raw and what a pain in my ass! The contour of the thing didn't follow the tail section at all.
I had to cut into the frame part of it with a hacksaw in a bunch of spots ,so I can bend it and make it look good. I like it how it works and how it looks,but for the money we pay for these things,we shouldn't have to Micky mouse around to make their product look good on our bikes. After this, I'm pretty sure I'm done with this company. Like how hard is it to reprogram your CNC machine and make a perfect fitting product? I don't get it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yesterday I installed the LED rear signals from Raw and what a pain in my ass! The contour of the thing didn't follow the tail section at all.
I had to cut into the frame part of it with a hacksaw in a bunch of spots ,so I can bend it and make it look good. I like it how it works and how it looks,but for the money we pay for these things,we shouldn't have to Micky mouse around to make their product look good on our bikes. After this, I'm pretty sure I'm done with this company. Like how hard is it to reprogram your CNC machine and make a perfect fitting product? I don't get it.
Me too, see here, http://www.m90.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=350 not to keep plugging the other forum but I'm on my iPhone and can't post pics from it, only links...

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm going to hold my order then. I called a few months back, nobody would answer the phone. I then emailed and it took almost a week for a reply and got some excuse that everyone was in a meeting. Yeah....all day?? Anyway, with all the problems and negative press I'm going to hold my business.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I would take it to another mechanic if they cant do it. Some parts take just a little working to get them on sometimes Yamaha and Aprilia's are the worst that's why I call my shop 830 CUSTOM. One thing I have never seen was a shop charging for something they could not do. What is the shop name anyway? And will they be able to get it back together the way it can in?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I ordered the rear turn signals for my bike and took them to a mechanic to have them installed. Raw Design was quick to respond and ship them. I am supposed to get my bike back Saturday morning. I will let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't think you need me to say anything but "scorpion tips". My stock pipes are ruined, a custom bike maker would have needed to fabricate a support bracket for the and run a bead of weld around the stock pipe for these to work. Raw designs said that the "fit" for the m90 was running without an exhaust support. so if I accidentally put any weight on my pipe all the stress in on the header... no thanks.... I had a huge bill at the custom bike shop, destroyed stock pipes, and $200+ "paperweights" called scorpion tips. I have emailed and have not had a response in weeks! Not too impressed with raw designs.... I was also without my m90 for 3+ weeks grrrrr.

got some swepts from meanscycles.com and am very happy with them.

·
Registered
314 Posts
This is absolutely right. I am sometimes busy with H&B a well known Custombike Garage in Germany. We tried to order some of the parts for the last years Customike Show. We had 2 bikes for the contest and tried to get some of the raw products. We mailed several times and told them it is worth to do something. We've got NO ANSWER - NO REACTION AT ALL ! The custombike fair is the biggest in Europe and to show some parts on winning bikes might be good. No answer at all!!!! Finally on the last minutes I tried it with DLP to get the brake/flash light set for the rear. DLP solved it for us thanks to Hall - all came in at the last moment.
At the end it was a lot of work to make it fit. We had to use all our tricks and equipment to make it acceptable for the show. And I have to say the bike won only place 4 and the worst thing on it was the not fitting thing from RAW.
Meanwhile we solved the problem with parts available from the LED market. It is not so nice than a fitting RAW light could be. But it goes with the contour of the shape

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ordered my forward controls on Feb. 10......yes Feb. 10 Got the regular excuses, then the "bike week" shutdown...glad to hear I wasn't the only one.
I know how business goes, and I usually don't get too worked up over delays, but before I ordered, I specifically asked how long it would be from placing my order to when the order actually shipped. Raw themselves told me 2-3 days. Based on that, I placed the order. Going on two months now and my order is still not shipped. So no, I'm not at all happy with the experience. Right now I'm just hopeful the quality of the product makes up for the delay. :dontknow:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ordered my forward controls on Feb. 10......yes Feb. 10 Got the regular excuses, then the "bike week" shutdown...glad to hear I wasn't the only one.
I know how business goes, and I usually don't get too worked up over delays, but before I ordered, I specifically asked how long it would be from placing my order to when the order actually shipped. Raw themselves told me 2-3 days. Based on that, I placed the order. Going on two months now and my order is still not shipped. So no, I'm not at all happy with the experience. Right now I'm just hopeful the quality of the product makes up for the delay. :dontknow:
How about sending these yo-yo's a message and CANCEL your order? That sucks, I would have cancelled after a few weeks if I was told just 2-3 days to ship. Whatever you do, I hope it works out for ya.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Picked up the bike Saturday and had several issues. It was supposed to be ready at 8:30, bit it wasn't. I didn't leave until 2:00 and it still wasn't complete. The raw design parts weren't installed. I am still battling with the dealer over several issues. Biggest is the big dent in my swingarm. :eek:(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts