M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. The HID Headlight turns off when I star riding. I try a different ballast, change ground connection and same problem. If I turn the bike off and then on, light is on but once I star riding, I have no headlight. Anyone knows why? Thanks in advance, Jose.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
flip the high beam switch. what does that do?? you might have the connector plugged in backwards. that happened to my buddy.

that is of course if you have a HID kit that you lose the hi beam.

·
Registered
738 Posts
That is, unless you have a Hi/Lo HID kit...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The first problem was that the light do not turn on all the time when starting the bike, so I send the ballast and got a new one. Now the light turn off after few seconds of riding, some times turning, another times rolling off the throttle. I check the light and all the connectors on the headlight case and still having the same problem. Maybe I will have to check the positive wire. Any other ideas??? Thanks, Jose

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
The first problem was that the light do not turn on all the time when starting the bike, so I send the ballast and got a new one. Now the light turn off after few seconds of riding, some times turning, another times rolling off the throttle. I check the light and all the connectors on the headlight case and still having the same problem. Maybe I will have to check the positive wire. Any other ideas??? Thanks, Jose
What kit, (post link), do you have and have you contacted the manufacturer about the issue?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Mine was a hit and miss for a while when I would turn the bike on but after talking to Irish4life at the Dragon back in June he told me to check my in-line fuse. I may have a fuse that has a hair line crack in it that appears to be OK but it won't always make good contact which in turns causes the light to work erratically. So I switched my fuse out last night for a new one and it has fired up every time since so hopefully that has fixed the problem. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Mine was a hit and miss for a while when I would turn the bike on but after talking to Irish4life at the Dragon back in June he told me to check my in-line fuse. I may have a fuse that has a hair line crack in it that appears to be OK but it won't always make good contact which in turns causes the light to work erratically. So I switched my fuse out last night for a new one and it has fired up every time since so hopefully that has fixed the problem. :bigthumbsup:
is this inline fuse with the kit or on the bike somewhere?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok guys, I keep dealing with this. So I check: pinched wires, plugs on the headlight case and ballast, try a different in line fuse and again when I roll on the throttle light shut down and stay off till I turn the bike on again . Wow what a weekend, :dontknow:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ok guys, I keep dealing with this. So I check: pinched wires, plugs on the headlight case and ballast, try a different in line fuse and again when I roll on the throttle light shut down and stay off till I turn the bike on again . Wow what a weekend, :dontknow:
your battery is grounded to the engine,,, so if you grounded your relay to the frame you need to ground your battery to the frame,,, just run a wire from the battery - negative to the frame and it should solve your problem,,,,

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
your battery is grounded to the engine,,, so if you grounded your relay to the frame you need to ground your battery to the frame,,, just run a wire from the battery - negative to the frame and it should solve your problem,,,,
Not necessarily true. A&R's kit when they first came out were grounded on the brake block. But with the trees connected with bearings you can run into some problems, not all of them. So A&R found the problem and remade there plug and play kit. But were he bought his from is a generic kit for anything and the A&R is made for the 9 specifically.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:) FIXED

Hi guys, I just finished working with the HID problem and I connected a wire from the negative to the frame and the problem got fixed, exactly what Bullykeye said. Thank you all, Jose, Tampa, Fl.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.