M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine do not seem to work unless the key is inserted and in the on posistion.

I found this yesterday when I pulled over to the side of the highway in rush hour traffic and walked back about 75 yards to help a fellow biker, seems he needed a push start ::)

Turned the flashers on, turned off the key and pulled it out. As I was walking away I turned back to look and the flashers no workie :dontknow: so I went back, put the key back in and turned it on, the things the flashed just fine.

Am I the only one with this issue or does Susuki expect us all to leave our key in the machine when we leave the thing on the road ?? :eek:

·
Registered
600 Posts
I guess it's so someone can't just walk by, push the button and the lights flash the whole time you're at work, in the bar, having a meal, etc :dontknow: Try turning your key past the "Off" position (like the accessory position in a cage) and removing the key. I think that leaves the brake light on (in "run" mode) and maybe the flashers will work. I'll go try it later...

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man, it's hard to believe you must leave the key for the flashers!!!

What was Suzuki thinking?? :dontknow: :edit: :eek:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, this is more embarrasing than riding down the highway with my dockers up to me knees!! :redfaced:

Maybe this will save someone the same embarassment of creating this topic therefore performing a service for some folks here :D

All I had to do is look :eek:

You need to push the key in and turn it past the on position to what appears to be park. this turns on the brake light as stated above, allows you to turn on the flashers and remove the key :bigthumbsup:

This is really a very big DUH kinda thing for me and I really would like to delete this entire topic to save a little face, but I will leave it up so as to possibly help others :doorag:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Pr0wl3r-X said:
Ok, this is more embarrasing than riding down the highway with my dockers up to me knees!! :redfaced:

Maybe this will save someone the same embarassment of creating this topic therefore performing a service for some folks here :D

All I had to do is look :eek:

You need to push the key in and turn it past the on position to what appears to be park. this turns on the brake light as stated above, allows you to turn on the flashers and remove the key :bigthumbsup:

This is really a very big DUH kinda thing for me and I really would like to delete this entire topic to save a little face, but I will leave it up so as to possibly help others :doorag:
Yup, it's in the owners manual.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Pr0wl3r-X said:
I found this yesterday when I pulled over to the side of the highway in rush hour traffic and walked back about 75 yards to help a fellow biker, seems he needed a push startÂ
right on
simperfi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts