M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well after a week of sweating bullets I've got good news!!! She is thumping again minus the horrible screeching sound!!! I just want to say Thank You to all that has PM'ed me, Called, Text and or Facebooked me about concerns, listening to me vent, brain storming and just thoughts about what it could be. Gratefully it was none of what we thought and it was a simple fix but with lessons learned!!

Problem:

One of the bolts that holds the set springs in place against the outer clutch basket end cap backed off until it struck the inner portion of the casing. That's what was making the screeching sound and it also explains why I lost no power and still had a working clutch. It started by only happening when I would pull the clutch lever in and it pushed that outer cover plate out and allowed the bolt to make contact with the inner casing. Eventually it vibrated out a little further until it was making continuous contact once we reached the BP station on Saturday, that is why it was screeching continuously once I cranked it up. I have to take the blame on this one. I recently went into my clutch for the fifth or sixth time but this was just to check the thickness on the drive plate that Suzuki had a service bulletin about. I assume that I just forgot to torque that one bolt down to spec and it vibrated it's way out. So please take your time when working on the bike and double check everything. That is one reason why it took me so long to dig into my bike this week. I've had a busy week and I didn't want to tear into it when I was exhausted after 10-12 hour days so I just left it for today.

Special Thanks to these guys for listening to me vent, hanging with me until my wife picked me up with the trailer, offering there help and support but mostly for being a good friend knowing how upset and sick I have been this past week expecting the worse!! :bigthumbsup:

Bobbymac
Georgiaroller
Lonewolf
L.T.T
CMHGUY
Jazzman
Mountainman
Benji
Raider
Everyone else that was on the ride this past Saturday during the GA Meet and Greet that showed patience!!

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
It's all good bro. You're a good Guy and a great friend. I'm so glad it was something simple.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
What about me:dontknow: I showed patience when I didn't run your @ss over when that Sh*t happen:eek::joke:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about me:dontknow: I showed patience when I didn't run your @ss over when that Sh*t happen:eek::joke:
That's true! You also had your one chance to look at me in your rear view mirror and didn't take advantage of it. Sorry I didn't realize that before now. Thank You Tyler for not running my @ss over when I was wounded!! :D:joke:

No really, I appreciate everyone for being patient on that ride.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Thats GOOD NEWS , Its a Lesson We all have to learn the Hard way from time to time ,dont beat yourself too badly ,
Thats what Friends are for :joke:

Congrats on getting it Thumping agin :congrats:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Great new!!

Man, so glad it was nothing major.I know a load has been lifted.

·
Registered
893 Posts
:bigthumbsup: Glad to hear that it wasn't anything major and you are back to riding. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
:congrats: dude! I thought I was gonna have to get you a therapist there for awhile! :eek: Just kidding. Glad it was a easy fix and like I said before there's lots prime riding time coming up in the fall which I'm looking forward to. And now you can be as well. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:congrats: dude! I thought I was gonna have to get you a therapist there for awhile! :eek: Just kidding. Glad it was a easy fix and like I said before there's lots prime riding time coming up in the fall which I'm looking forward to. And now you can be as well. :bigthumbsup:
You mean you were actually going to buy me a new bike?! Hopefully she will be just as good as the therapist I am riding now.

Man that sounded wrong yet so right in so many ways!! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts