M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for help. I installed stock size r/c component savage wheels on my 07 LE and now the bike doesn't seem to track straight.
I noticed that the bushing on the right side of the rear axle fit inside of the stock wheel and on the r/c wheel it did not. Everything went back together easily but it doesn't ride the same. I bought the rear wheel used with a 250 avon tire and the front wheel is new. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If nothing else it looks really good.

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Sorry, no help here but would love to see some pics.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Did your rear wheel come with bearings? or did you have to install yourself? Maybe it did not get pressed in all the way? Have you noticed any strange noises, like grinding or binding? Need more information please.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the rear wheel from a friend of mine. It came off of a 06 M109R, the bearing was already in there I just had to install the bushings and the backing plate on the shaft side. The sleeve that is 1" or 1.5 long on the right side did not slide inside the r/c wheel at all and on the stock wheel the sleeve was recessed inside the wheel about a 1/4 inch or so. I didn't try to tap the bearing down further in the r/c wheel, the r/c wheel went back on the bike easy. I can ride the bike and it sounds and runs fine but if you let go of the bars you have to lean to one side. Any help would be appreciated before I pull it apart again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts