Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,057 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally, I think its a waste of money. Kinda like a short throw shifter. If you wanna shift gears faster, then move your foot faster.
Makes sense just saw that it says that it will make it shift smoother instead of all clunky so i just wondered if anyone had actually installed one or not... :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I believe several on here have installed them. They say it makes the 1st to 2nd shift better. Don't really have a problem with taht myself unless I'm not paying attention.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I have it and IMHO I believe it helps a LOT. I installed it 2 years ago and love it. I have had a few people ride my Beast and they think mine shifts better than their bike. I even took mine back out for a while to see if I could tell the difference. Needless to say it went right back in. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
317 Posts
This is better answer I would say. It is correct that shifting is smoother and with much less clunky noise. Mine is just nicely click-ing now.
However one has to learn a bit to put it in neutral as having smooth shifting neutral definition is less noticeable, but it is there.
I like it and it is well spent money then some other cosmetics and beauty accessories for the bike.

Makes sense just saw that it says that it will make it shift smoother instead of all clunky so i just wondered if anyone had actually installed one or not... :dontknow:

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
I have it and IMHO I believe it helps a LOT. I installed it 2 years ago and love it. I have had a few people ride my Beast and they think mine shifts better than their bike. I even took mine back out for a while to see if I could tell the difference. Needless to say it went right back in. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
:agree:and I love mine and for sure can tell the difference! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
:bigthumbsup:It does smoothin out the shifts, especially from first to second. Well worth the money:bigthumbsup: An easy kit to install:tools:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have Blakester71's 9 in my garage while he is over in the sand box, I take turns riding his and mine. He has the kit installed. I can definately tell the difference with the shifts between his bike and mine. I am planning on getting the kit soon.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The best money I have spent on mine so far. It will make the shifts feel much smoother.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cool thanks for all the responses like i said i just ran across it and had never heard of it... gonna have to gget me one cause mine shifts crazy hard so anything will be better...:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,877 Posts
It's not just a shorter throw, it's more positive. It's one of the mods I wouldn't want to take off mine.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
LOL

I'm well aware of that.

That's why I'm asking if the issues were resolved by 2012 or do I need to do another mod? I want my bike to be the best it can be

I saw Swampworks has the kit and I always use this forum for all my info

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I'm ADHD and OCD from hell and hoping riding season is close

I want my bike to perform the best it can and be reliable as hell.

I want it to eat anything I come up against and not break anything

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Yeah on the '10 or '11model Suzuki took it upon themselves to change the original shift star and redesigned it to (from what in told) be more closely although not quite exactly like the evo shift kit shift star. The star was the only thing changed from the original on both the evo pro kit and the Suzuki upgrade. More then a few that have changed it on the upgraded models have stated the Suzuki redesign is not quite as good as the evo pro kit.....it seems Suzuki was trying to design out the one and only nuisance problem with the evo kit which is the evo kit shift star makes finding neutral a tad bit difficult at times. The evo kit has the shortest which means quickest shift throw of all designs and finding neutral becomes a learned behavior. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts