M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at replacement body panels for 08 Le. is there a difference btw the 08m109 and the 08m109rLE? the panels for the LF are almost double compared to a regular 08! wtf!

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
looking at replacement body panels for 08 Le. is there a difference btw the 08m109 and the 08m109rLE? the panels for the LF are almost double compared to a regular 08! wtf!
I believe that the panels are the same with the only difference being the color. Some of them come already painted and you might have to pay extra for the "LE" paint scheme:dontknow:. You wanted to have an "LE", now take the "LE":joke:. Good luck on your search of a better price. If anything else fails, you can always go with 08 Gray and make it faster in the process:clap2:.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that the panels are the same with the only difference being the color. Some of them come already painted and you might have to pay extra for the "LE" paint scheme:dontknow:. You wanted to have an "LE", now take the "LE":joke:. Good luck on your search of a better price. If anything else fails, you can always go with 08 Gray and make it faster in the process:clap2:.
this is the biggest rip-off i ever seen....the LE stripe is basically a sticker which it seems you can buy all for less than 100 bucks. also thanks for that info about Romney ins company offered to sell my bike back to just trying to see which way to go.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
this is the biggest rip-off i ever seen....the LE stripe is basically a sticker which it seems you can buy all for less than 100 bucks. also thanks for that info about Romney ins company offered to sell my bike back to just trying to see which way to go.
Not a problem, you will not go wrong with Romney's. Excellent costumer service and great people to deal with. The thick white stripe I believe is in fact painted. The thin black one is definitely a pin-stripe sticker. Depending on the extend of the damage, I would also consider to buy it back from the insurance company for the right price, but still get a new one and pay only the difference. The buy-back I would consider buying the cheaper parts in the solid color and you already know which color I would go with :bigthumbsup:. Any questions, look below:joke:

·
Registered
319 Posts
the LE has different lights gauge face and paint. you're paying for the paint. ALL suzuki panels come painted suzuki will not sell you their paint but colorrite does sell stock paint.

·
Registered
126 Posts
the LE has different lights gauge face and paint. you're paying for the paint. ALL suzuki panels come painted suzuki will not sell you their paint but colorrite does sell stock paint.
Wouldn't go with Colorrite unless you're going to paint the entire bike, Colorrite doesn't match 2008 Suzuki LE! Close but no cigar. I repainted a couple of panels this winter, some minor damage from hitting a deer last May ($85 for 1/2 pint plus clear coat, hardener & thinner apx $166 total in material) - about two maybe three shades darker than factory:mad:

Might not be able to see in the pic, I repainted the rear frame cover and side panel below the seat.

Going for a full re-paint this winter, of course staying with the fastest color "YELLOW"

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Because you have an LE the parts are LE also. :dontknow: The black parts should be the cheapest because they make them in all the years.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Wouldn't go with Colorrite unless you're going to paint the entire bike, Colorrite doesn't match 2008 Suzuki LE! Close but no cigar.
if you go to a good paint shop they will be able to match up the colors very well.

paint shops have to custom mix the colors of paints they get for each individual car. they also have to factor in sunlight fading in order to match up the new paint with old that is already on the car. so doing the same for a motorcycle shouldn't be a problem for an experienced paint shop. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts