M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am sitting here at home waiting for info just like you guys. Honda doesn't spill the beans or the beanspiller gets squashed.

But I am looking forward to see what my 2007 ______ looks like.

Lets look at this rationally:

1. Honda tends to work on a 5 year cycle

2. The most new bikes I have ever seen in one year was 4 "new" models. Not just repaints or new gadgets on an existing bike. Bur completely new bikes.

3. So where are the holes in Honda right now? VTX is 5 years old and needs a redo. Gold Wing just got a small redo last year. Honda needs a Mule type vehicle and how about a 2 seat ATV like others have? They need to replace the Blackbird so that they have a big cc sportbike like the Hayabusa or the Kawasaki 1400? Sportbikes are okay but Honda needs to match Suzuki and Yamaha once and for all instead of always being 2 years behind. Maybe a bigger ATV just to keep the ATV dealers happy.

4. Here are my predictions:

A new big cruiser with no Turbo. Probably gonna be belt drive.

Mule type vehicle

New Blackbird

And maybe a new naked sportbike of some European model that has been around for a while.

And maybe some upgrades to the ST1300 to catch the Yamaha.

Thats it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish the show wasn't so dang late. I got my link, I am ready to go. I think I will just look here in the AM. I can't buy anything now anyways. I do look forward to the VFR/Blackbird replacement. Maybe it will be a V5.

·
Registered
161 Posts
About 6 or 8 months ago I was contacted by a research company and they wanted me to come look at some bikes and tell them what I thought. Oh yeah, and they said they would pay me $100 cash to show up. So I said, "Well..........I guess......"

Anyway, the bikes that they had me look at were powered by the VTX motor but looked like something you would buy from Victory. You know, a little more raked out, sleeker, semi-chopper but not too extreme. The latest version of it had a belt pulley/brake roter combo. Very sweet. Not to mention the little tiny radiator hidden between the down tubes. I really hope Honda has the guts to actually put out a bike like the one that I saw a couple months ago. It will be one sweet ride for sure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JR,

You did it right. Chris may not post too many pictures other than the VTX1800 bagger.

I was disappointted last year but this is even worse. Especially after being told that this was the year for Honda. Maybe they got their calendars mixed up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That really blew chunks... :edit: :edit: :edit:

Horrible selection of new bikes... I gues the sabre stays for now...
:verymad:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Hey Hal, why do you think Honda would switch to a belt drive? Also, that yellow VTX looks very Warrior-like to me. Maybe it's the handle bars that look like the warrior bars.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jr and JRjr invited me to the showing.....we had chanmange and caviare, as well as finger foods before the wine and roast duck ala orange. prior to the vewing.

But, when Honda showed 5 bikes.....with the only real change being the drive shaft on the Shadow.....the crown went wild !

We had to refund everybodys $500 a plate cover charge, send home all the servants, find all the limo drivers, and put a few hundred people up in an eligant hotel !

All in all.....a dissmal failure.

·
Registered
629 Posts
:bigthumbsup: Thank goodness, had me worried their a minute. Thought the main contributers to this board were going to leave me.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The new CBR600RR looks pretty awesome, 20lbs lighter and 118 claimed hp. Should be quite nice. See www.motorcycledaily.com

Dont know about the rest......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts