M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today in California we lost 4 firefighters and one is in critical condition, while fighting the fire they were evacuating homes, they were able to evacuate the home owners from the house they were at, but they were unable to get out and their engine was burned over. I think we need to keep their families in our prayers and pray for the firefighters still on the line.
This fire is only 3 miles from where i live, i've been keeping an eye on it all day, as i have alot of friends on this
fire. I was a reserve engineer for 15 yrs.

G

·
is this the story 4 fire fighters killed for 1 house :swear: :swear: :cus: :cus: who made that call, and a fire rolling around them, words can't begin to express how sad this story is, when 4 human lives are sacrificed for one house. The families will be in my prayers

·
Registered
245 Posts
This fire was real crazy. Was a fast mover. I'm on the other side of the burn and when I was leaving for work this morning it was so dark I thought it was gonna rain...until I got a whiff of the smoke. It's been rainin ash all day long !!!!

At the dealership I work at we have a lady who has a relative workin the fire. When she heard about the truck and it's fighters gettin enveloped and she couldn't contact her relative right away she just about had a breakdown. It's been pretty tense around here. All those brave men and woman are in my prayers.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Bad situation all around. Especially if it really does turn out to be arson like the news said.
Damn that sucks. A few years ago we had something similar where (I forget the details) Firemen died trying to save homeless people who did not need saving. They had started a fire in an abandoned warehouse to keep warm...

Worcester MA I believe.

My prayers are with their family's and the rest of those brave men.

Sled

·
Registered
132 Posts
Im sure those guys were there for a reason. There is no way any firemen would endanger themselves for "just a house." They probably had information that someone was inside a house and/or in imminent danger hence them taking such an extreme risk. The ol' for fire service motto is "Risk alot to save alot." Prayers for my fellow firemen and their families.
jaeme

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Yeah, my mom lives in Hemet, pretty close to all this stuff so I called her yesterday to make sure she was out of harms way. It was 3 years (?) ago that I was visiting her in Hemet around this same time of year that it seemed the entire So Cal area was on fire, centered around Simi Valley, San Diego, Rancho Cucamonga, etc. now we're back again with more devastation in the same area. It's sad to think some moron started this fire intentionally and now 4 firefighters are dead and another is close to it. Lots of people have already lost their homes and the fire is only 5% contained. Who knows how many more deaths will occur and homes will be lost before this thing is finally extinguished. :(
If they find the guy responsible they oughta string him (them) up by his (their) balls!

Does anyone know if the outlet mall in Cabazon is being threatened? The fire started in Cabazon and this is what most people think of when they think of Cabazon.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Being a fireman, It really hits home and to see you guys saddend by this and giving prayers is amazing. I commend you all and GOD BLESS!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Our Prayers will be with them!

I live in Orange County and the smell of fire has been in the air the whole day!

It is very sad and unfortunate that 4 human beings died and one is burned 95% of his body which they are saying that he may not make it..... It is very clear that Firefighters do risk their lives to save others! I will pray for their families!!!!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
BlackCherry said:
Does anyone know if the outlet mall in Cabazon is being threatened? The fire started in Cabazon and this is what most people think of when they think of Cabazon.
I don't believe so. The last thing I heard it was heading toward San Jacinto...it had jumped hiway 79 which is the main road that connects Hemet/San Jacinto to Banning and the 10 freeway. We called the San Jacinto PD and they said they we're recommending voluntary evac's from the North end of San Jacinto which is close to where I live. That was about 2 pm.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Dragon said:
I don't believe so. The last thing I heard it was heading toward San Jacinto...it had jumped hiway 79 which is the main road that connects Hemet/San Jacinto to Banning and the 10 freeway. We called the San Jacinto PD and they said they we're recommending voluntary evac's from the North end of San Jacinto which is close to where I live. That was about 2 pm.
:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

My 80 y/o mother lives in Hemet, between the Ramona Expwy. and the mountains, near Mountain Ave. and Cedar. Not much to burn in her area but I hate to hear that it is moving in her direction. :( :(

G

·
Very sad situation indeed. Prayers for the families will be lifted up and also that if in fact it was arson that the person(s) will be caught.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I read about this earlier on the WEB. I too have prayed for the fire fighters who perished as well as the injured ones and all their respective families & friends.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
R.I.P. brothers. /salute

·
Registered
360 Posts
you take the % of the body burned and add the patients age , and subtract that from 100 . that is the % of survival . may God be with him and his loved ones .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts