M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday project was installing jasonZ's lowering bones so i just had to post the pics. This is the way the bike should have been from the factory! Strange but the new angle of the bike makes the stock seat more comfortable as well as the handlebars. I've only put a few miles on it, but it still handles real well and i didn't scrape anything yet. it was a chore as this was my first time putting the bike on the lift and i did it by myself. had a few questions during and contacted Jason and he got back to me right away(props :bigthumbsup:). I had great intention of doing a How-to for the board, but ran into a snag putting one of the bolts back in, pushed the sleeve out and dropped the needle bearings! :realmad: So had to put that all back together and then forgot to take anymore pictures ::). So I've got pics for half the install, oh well. Anyway, here she is:

·
Registered
315 Posts
She is low and easy.... nice job.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks great. Is anyone going to post a how to?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Looks great :bigthumbsup: I am still waiting for my lowering bones from Jason. Hopefully they will be here soon.

·
Registered
99 Posts
looks great,but....... how do you jack that sucker up? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
:bigthumbsup: :doorag:

G

·
Very nice bro!!! I hear you about the sleeve. I had one of those pesky needle bearings drop too! I just acted like I didn't see it and swept it up. Never to be seen again! HaHaHa! Rocking house too!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Looking great..... that logo on your seat cowl reminds me of our pinstriped shop logo :D

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the kit Jason. I'm very pleased with how it turned out and it wasn't as difficult as I thought it'd be.

To answer Action's question above about jacking it up. You have to roll the back tire up onto a 2x6 to get clearance to slide the jack under. Other than that it's no problem. Changing the oil, may be an adventure though since the jack has to go pretty much right where the drain plugs are.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes, it's just the back, 2.5" but it doesn't look lower in the back than in the front. I thought it might at first, but after seeing others bikes, I decided to go ahead. Glad I did.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Looks very nice!!   :bigthumbsup:  And you went with the fast color, too!!   :a18:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Panther- I think it was a little over $100 with shipping. I also had to get a bike lift (bought a used one from a guy at work for $40) and tie down straps and some axle grease. oh and had to replace a cheap ratchet that I broke, trying to break the bolts loose. Took me about 4 hrs with my few complications and I took it slow and steady

1 - 20 of 32 Posts