M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cobra is making a new Powerflo air intake and I really like the lookes of it. I sent an E-mail to cobra asking if they had an estimate as to when they might start making it or the 9. I got a geneic repealy about try to make them for as many bikes as possible Blah Blah Blah. Does anyone on the site have any better better info than that cause I want em :drool:

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Looks nice, I wonder what they'll go for.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
They do look good. I am going to contact them in March about the Mid Atlantic Meet. If they are not out by then, PM me in February and I can ask my contact there.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Cobra is making a new Powerflo air intake and I really like the lookes of it. I sent an E-mail to cobra asking if they had an estimate as to when they might start making it or the 9. I got a geneic repealy about try to make them for as many bikes as possible Blah Blah Blah. Does anyone on the site have any better better info than that cause I want em :drool:
You can use these adapters and then mount the PowerFlo on them.

http://www.thundermfg.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=335

·
Registered
947 Posts
They are surprisingly only $249.95 for a 2010 Honda Fury. Let's home they're at least in that range for the 109, but for some reason, I'm thinking closer to $350. Just a guess.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
They are surprisingly only $249.95 for a 2010 Honda Fury. Let's home they're at least in that range for the 109, but for some reason, I'm thinking closer to $350. Just a guess.
Honda Fury has the same engine as a vtx 1300. One air cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I emailed Cobra a few months back about this very subject and the reply I received from them wasn't very encouraging. Since the 9 would require two of them they didn't think there'd be much of a market for them because of the cost. They said the cost would have to be in the $400-$500 range and they didn't think most people would be willing to pay that much. I would pay it, but since I really don't think they're going to make them for the 9, Im gonna go ahead and spend my money on a set of Ducks instead.

·
Registered
388 Posts
it does look nice tho

Cobra® Powerflo Chrome Air Intake

Product may vary from photo(s).

J&P Part:402-756
Everyday Low Price:$249.99

of course it says thier only avaible for Harleys

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just spoke with the Cobra rep at Sturgis this week. He said that their R&D department is currently testing prototype units on a couple of 9's but weren't seeing a significant increase in performance over the stock air boxes. I didn't sound very promising.......

·
Registered
152 Posts
I actually put on on my buddies fury.... very cool piece and its metal so its pretty solid.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I actually put on on my buddies fury.... very cool piece and its metal so its pretty solid.
I just installed one on a Yamaha Stryker last night. top notch quality and very impressive. Don't know anything about the gains. We did the new fuel programmer as well and the bike is wicked fast compared to before.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just installed one on a Yamaha Stryker last night. top notch quality and very impressive. Don't know anything about the gains. We did the new fuel programmer as well and the bike is wicked fast compared to before.
I just spoke with him specifically about the PowerFlo's for our 9's....we really didn't get into performance gains with other bikes. He just stated that the testing they've done so far on the M109R didn't yield significant performance gains over the stock airbox setup. He just didn't seem very enthusiastic about it. At the end of the conversation he told me to "Check the website in the spring."........

1 - 20 of 35 Posts