M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing the Electrical Connection Power plate:
http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=8183&str=290

I need to connect the relay signal (blue wire) to a wire on the bike that activates with the ignition ie: headlight, tail light, etc
Problem is I can't seem to find any of these on the bike. I've zip tied the power plate and relay under the right side cover of the bike but I cannot identify an good place to splice in the signal wire. I have a copy of the service manual including the full wiring diagram but this thing is MASSIVE and covers two entire pages. Even having identified headlight/tail light in the diagram I cannot locate them among the dozens of wire runs residing between the battery and engine block.

Can anyone who has done this mod tell/show me where you spliced in your signal wire? (the one used to turn the power plate on/off)

Thanks in advance :D

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
There is a connector right behind the battery box on the left (clutch) side. It contains all the wires that run to the back of the bike. Look just behind the round cross tube that the battery box lid rotates around.

The wire to the tail light and license plate light is gray at the rear of the bike. I think it changes at this connector to be brown going towards the engine. But find the gray wire and that should work for you.

This is the connector, it's white and there's a white label wrapped around the cable in the picture. As I said, the wire should be gray going to the rear of the bike and brown in front of the connector going towards the engine.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AWESOME....Thanks Zoom....you are the BEST!!!! :bigthumbsup::super::a18:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts