M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
kat you should be trying to get lost when your out on the road i never want to know where im going i ask directions you meet a lot of cool katz that way yes yes my wife bought me a garmin and thats right i get lost going to the store so i do not use it because every day should be an adventure and if not well who cares

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Navy Guy said:
kat you should be trying to get lost when your out on the road i never want to know where im going i ask directions you meet a lot of cool katz that way yes yes my wife bought me a garmin and thats right i get lost going to the store so i do not use it because every day should be an adventure and if not well who cares
I hear ya dude.....my usual ride is......go to the end of my road and turn left...OR right and just ride....
but I sure would like to find places I ain't never been before...AND be able to find my house again :D

·
Registered
371 Posts
kat my wife call me every 10 min i could never get lost she is a walking atlas. well go to auto zone or auto part store pick up cigar lighter and wire it in to the power wire in the back of head light or you dont have to do that at all the battery last forever just mount and go

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Kat.....don't need a cig-lighter, this is made for bikes and
the holder has a charge connection...I just gotta find the right
power wire.....and me not being no elec-wiz I just hoped someone
could gimme a clue to which wire to connect it to.

G

·
I used one of the power supplies that Honda makes for the GL1800. Hooked it up straight to the battery terminals and now I can plug in my cell phone charger or GPS if I need to. It lies under the seat when not in use.

·
Registered
386 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kev said:
Hi Ya'll,

I just ordered a TomTom Rider GPS:
http://www.tomtom.com/products/category.php?ID=1&Language=4

Now I was wonderin if there is a power outlet or possibility for gettin
power from around the headlight....it ses it comes with a battery cable
but I'm assuming that a GPS does not need a direct wire from the
battery.

Any help will be appreciated...thanks.
Well I got it and got it mounted...yeah I know it's high....but
it's in my line of sight...don't need to look down ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well I got it and got it mounted...yeah I know it's high....but
it's in my line of sight...don't need to look down ;)
Well, on a positive note, the height balances out that big a$$ license plate you got out back. :joke:
Seriously, it looks good. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts