M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Group. I have the Power Commander V for my 09 C109RT. I have set it to map 6. This is for the HardKrome 3" big straights and stock filter. I am experiencing backfires and sputtering at crusing speeds on this map. Does anybody have a map that works fine with my configuration? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I will agree on buying the Autotune. I have it and it works out very well. I have just started playing with making my own maps with different AFR targets for each gear and throttle position.

Until you get the Autotune though, start tinkering with your map. Trim the range that is popping manually in the grid.

Also, are you using Gipro or a Jsd? If so, you may need to make some tweaks on the timing advance on the PCV to make up for the fact that another add on is changing timing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Square Rounder, one question from your comment: how do I "Trim the range that is popping manually in the grid", well actually, how do I know what range is popping manually on the grid. Newbie here, so bear with me. Is there an indication when I hook up my laptop to the PCV and start looking at the map? Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Double check your exhaust gaskets at the heads, talked to a friend this weekend that had a problem on his C, just wiggled them to get the rear tire off, and it started popping a bunch. Not saying this is the problem, but it could be contributing... Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I may need to talk you through this, so if I end up being less than clear here, let me know and we can do this on the phone.

I am guessing you can identify what RPM range you are popping in.

Once you know that, pay attention to how hard into the throtell you are when you get the popping. ie: is it at 20% held steady, 0 coming off of a high rev...

If you can nail down the throttle position and RPM range, go to those spaces in the grid and start triming fuel by reducing the number.

If you need to talk about it, let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts