M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm a new member to this group. I've recently purchased an 06' m109, 2nd owner. I was told of this site with the plethera of information it had & am trully impressed with all Q&A this site has. The bike I purchased had Cobra Dragsters on it already installed. Was told it also had a Power Commander. I don't believe this is so. Can't find any sign of it anywhere. If it dosen't have one for sure, I'd like to install some type of this upgrade to get the full benifits of the pipes. There is the Power Commander III, Cobra 2000I & TFI or (something of the like). The later is supposed to be the founder of the Power Commander and went on his own to make this unit. (May be wrong on the name). I'd like to put aftermarket breathers on it as well to help with the breathing. Just the pipes and the breathers are all I'd like to to upgrade at this time. Can anyone help me with which is the BEST to go with? Thanks, Justboerd

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
First off :welcome:

This would be better on the tech board but to answer your question I've had the Cobra FI2000 and the Power Commander and the big advantage with the Power Commander is that you can take away fuel if you need to and I did. If you click on my link in my sig you can see my dyno sheet with the Power Commander and the BigAir.

G

·
Welcome and congrats on the bike. Couple of things I can think of that may help you out:

1) Go to the Tech section of this board and then go to the install tips and look for the installation of the Cobra or Power Commander and then that will at least tell you where this unit should be. You can trace wires, etc to see if in fact it is there. I know with the Cobra the wires run right up the middle to the injectors and the unit goes somewhere around the battery. Not sure on the Power Commander.

2) If you are looking for some air kits, there is alot of chatter right now as the sponsor of this board has some ready to come out and are taking pre-orders and there are some folks making some on their own. Grab a beverage and do some reading. You have a lot of catching up to do. Everything you should need is here, trust me. This board is awesome.

The search bar is your friend and if you still can't find it, someone on this board will know. Congrats again and best wishes.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

And did you actually use the word "plethora" in a sentence!?!? :joke:

Great to have you aboard!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I sure did use it in an sentence. Saw it on Mr. Rodgers last night and swore I'd use it. :D. Thanks for the welcome and the info!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Frist of all :welcome:
I agree with what Lamonster told you. The PCIII is vastly superior in my experience. I used to sell all of these devices and used them on my bikes as well. FYI the Cobra unit IS a Techlusion TFI with different packaging. Kuryakyn has one out too that is also the Techlusion device. So you really only have 2 choices. To me it is like the old argument that guys with carburetors used to have "should I rejet or use a Dial-a-Jet". The Dial-a-Jet works like the Techlusion, it can only ADD fuel when you are running lean. Neither one can take away fuel if you are running rich. Only a PCIII can do that. Sure a PCIII will cost some $$$ to get it mapped correctly, but in the long run you will have a perfectly tuned bike. The Cobra or TFI will make your bike run better and can be adjusted/tuned by the owner without the help of a dyno but you get what you pay for IMHO.
Hope this helps. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts