M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fella's. As some of you have read i've have a few parts put in my bike over the last couple months. Timing chain, 2 new intake vales, stator plate and cam chain guide. Picked up my bike and it ran good. Took it for a drive when i got home and at 4 thousand rpm it hits a flat spot and quit accelerating like it hit the rev limiter while not getting any fuel. Put several different maps on it and the only one that made a difference was the one the fuel spike(suzuki big air kit). Still hit the flat spot then continued to go to redline while hitting several flat spots.

The tech though throttle boddies or injectors might have been the problem. He told me he took the power commander off and its good now.
He's got a tec box and said he added fuel to the stock ecu. Its raining out now so i can't get to test it out yet.

Just wondering if anyone has heard of a pcIII crapping out like this. I've heard they usually either work or they don't. Wierd it would cause problems at a consistant rpm. On the laptop the throttle position and everything else seems to be working good. Pissed off this thing worked fine untill the one shop took it on and off about 4 times. Another lovely out of pocket expense i guess.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Some folks have had problems with the "vampire connector" that clips onto the TPS wire. Did you use the clips or solder it? That would be the first place I would look.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Would almost bet the 3m splice connector is the issue. Is it soldered or crimp connected? Also, you could check the injector connectios to make sure they are pushed down all the way, but bet the connector is the issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't install the pc, suzuki did. I have however taken my tank and air box off and he used the crimp connectors. I'm just wondering if the other rookie tech at the dealer broke a pin or something because he started toying around with the powercommander when the issue was he didn't know how to time the bike properly. Either way a different dealer took the power commander off and i''ll have to have a good look at it when i get down there.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
My brother down in FL had his crap out close to home..He call me and said the bike wouldn't start and said it was running funky. I told him to unplug the battery, wait then plug it back in. It started and got him home. Where he got the power command they gave him another one. The do crap out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
HEY...I got the same issue! I took it to the shop and they said it was becuase I did not dyno the bike, but they had loaded the downloaded map to it. But my m109r does the same exact thing, and the only thing I have done was add Cobra Pipes to the bike. Did your problem ever get resolved and if so what was the issue?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Some folks have had problems with the "vampire connector" that clips onto the TPS wire. Did you use the clips or solder it? That would be the first place I would look.
This happend to me not too long ago. Fueled up, around 3600-4000 RPMs it was cutting out. Turned it off and then it would not start.
one of the members on here told me to take a look at the connectors from the injectors to the power command. He told me to lose the clips and soder them. Sodered them and it started right up. Haven't and an issue since.
Good luck

here's the link

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129549

·
Registered
103 Posts
SO is it the connections than? Becuase I am about to take it back to suzuki and they are going to swap the power commander, but if it keeps happeing than it could be wirtes and they might say that its just doing that....I am thinking of printing this post and bringing it to em...please let me know

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HEY...I got the same issue! I took it to the shop and they said it was becuase I did not dyno the bike, but they had loaded the downloaded map to it. But my m109r does the same exact thing, and the only thing I have done was add Cobra Pipes to the bike. Did your problem ever get resolved and if so what was the issue?
The tech at suzuki disconnected my pcIII and it runs better now but still hit's flat spots at the same rpm. Just my luck they probably did a bad job rebuilding my motor. He now wants to put my stock exhaust back on to eliminate any aftermarket problems considering suzuki is paying for it, then he can justify pulling my bike apart again. I've got cobra pipes as well. I think the other tech that installed it didn't install it properly, not sure if those crimp connecters were in a bad spot or not but good luck with getting yours going. I'm afraid i've got some mechanical lingering issues with a rookie tech that should have never torn a motor apart.

You don't need to have the bike dyno'd, the only thing that will cause it too run that poor is it's not working properly or it's not installed right. I've heard most guys feel more comfortable soldering it in, I didn't want to do that because my bike was still under warranty.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Back to stock, bike still does not run right.

Sorry to try and get this thread going again. I'm about at my limit with this company. After everything is said and done they put my bike back to stock. The bike accelerates ok till about 4 thousand rpm where it hits a bit of a flat spot then will accelerate to 6200rpm where it just hold rpm there and will not accelerate any more. I took it for a test drive from the shop and brought it back and told the tech what was going on. He says let me look here it says not to rev the bike over whatever rpm and that i shouldn't be revving that high.

I don't normally bounce the bike off the rev limiter but there is a reason why it is not getting up there and doesn't think the bike actually rev's to redline, i want it fixed. Now he wants me to wait another 3 weeks for a rep. to come and drive it. They've had my bike since December and i'm getting a little sick of this. Any idea's fella's.

Timing chain, intake valves, stator plate and cam chain gear were all replaced. They continued to blame my bike not running right because i had pipes and a power commander on it. Now it's back to stock, still not running right and they're basically telling me i'm crazy to take the bike to redline to see if it's running like it should.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry to try and get this thread going again. I'm about at my limit with this company. After everything is said and done they put my bike back to stock. The bike accelerates ok till about 4 thousand rpm where it hits a bit of a flat spot then will accelerate to 6200rpm where it just hold rpm there and will not accelerate any more. I took it for a test drive from the shop and brought it back and told the tech what was going on. He says let me look here it says not to rev the bike over whatever rpm and that i shouldn't be revving that high.

I don't normally bounce the bike off the rev limiter but there is a reason why it is not getting up there and doesn't think the bike actually rev's to redline, i want it fixed. Now he wants me to wait another 3 weeks for a rep. to come and drive it. They've had my bike since December and i'm getting a little sick of this. Any idea's fella's.

Timing chain, intake valves, stator plate and cam chain gear were all replaced. They continued to blame my bike not running right because i had pipes and a power commander on it. Now it's back to stock, still not running right and they're basically telling me i'm crazy to take the bike to redline to see if it's running like it should.
well, your bike could be out of timed. usually when you do that much, some knuckle head could put the cam off a tooth or more and it will throw everything for a loop. everything has to be lined up correctly. i would bet my money its not installed correctly.

·
Registered
111 Posts
not only the pc111

well, your bike could be out of timed. usually when you do that much, some knuckle head could put the cam off a tooth or more and it will throw everything for a loop. everything has to be lined up correctly. i would bet my money its not installed correctly.
I had the same problem with my pc5 at the meet.disconnected my f7 wire to bypass the limp mode bike rode great fore 599 miles.I hit a huge bump and then it startwds again
I can shut it off or let It sit and itr would work.put some seafoam in it and now it works better.also cleaneds airefilters ands fixing to change fuel filter.pc 5 is a complete plug and play so no.soldering.looking at a fuel and air probvlem.gonna see how it goes.seems like whwn you get to the flatr spot not enoufh air or fueled.always fix cheapest thing first.talk to hink also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
bad spot

08 (motor mods) = cobra swept pipes and power commander3. 13,000 miles. Same issue as in a few threads here. Choking, spitting, backfiring at about 3500. I removed the tank. Shook it to make sure the baffle was not folded, or had some air pocket. Then proceeded to check to make sure all the electrical wires were pushed/plugged in securely. injectors, plugs, etc. I Even checked the wires down ito the master computer on the left side were secure and tight. Checked to make sure the hoses attached to the air filter were also secure. Reinstalled the tank ensuring the gas line was not kinked and lines were securely connected. It ran fine after that. Maybe I just got lucky (knock on wood). I am assuming/hoping it was a just a loose wire connection.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Suzuki replaced my PCIII, now my bike runs damn good. I do notice a slightly slow accelleration in low gears, but once its in third its beast mode on. Problem is now all I want to do is speed everywhere. I do have my cobras still baffled, wondering if taking out the baffles will cause any problems?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts