M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dyno'd 109 today to get a baseline. Stock air intakes left on. JSD switched on. All baffle walls removed. Power Commander installed with PCIII M109R map.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Re: Dyno results from Nester

Looks like a great starting point to me. :bigthumbsup:

I've been planning on putting mine on the dyno as well. Can't decide whether I should wait until I have all my upgrades before I start running it on one or run it now to get the baseline.

I will post my numbers when I get mine done. Hopefully, stock mine will come pretty close to yours.

·
Registered
181 Posts

bconnally1 said:
Looks like a great starting point to me. :bigthumbsup:

I've been planning on putting mine on the dyno as well. Can't decide whether I should wait until I have all my upgrades before I start running it on one or run it now to get the baseline.Â

I will post my numbers when I get mine done. Hopefully, stock mine will come pretty close to yours.Â
Run it on the dyno stock first to get a baseline, and then after all your mods (on the same dyno). Only way to really see the improvement from your mods. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Rice Burner said:
Run it on the dyno stock first to get a baseline, and then after all your mods (on the same dyno). Only way to really see the improvement from your mods. Just my $.02.
Yeah, you're probably right. I just dislike spending money to use the dyno machine, but I guess it's worth it to really know how things affect the bike.

Thanks for your .02

! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
514 Posts
#1 The dyno operator should use SAE, not STD error correction factor. It does make quite a bit of difference. You might look and see what the correction factor was... should be as close to 1.00 as you can get.

#2 17.5 is just a bit lean for the bike (target is aorund 12.5.:1). If the bottom graph was expanded (enlarged vertically) it would be much easier to read. Adding fuel to that map and you will get more hp.

IF you can get the run files from the dyno operator, you can view them on your pc with software from DJ for free.

G

·
jeffw said:
#1 The dyno operator should use SAE, not STD error correction factor. It does make quite a bit of difference. You might look and see what the correction factor was... should be as close to 1.00 as you can get.

#2 17.5 is just a bit lean for the bike (target is aorund 12.5.:1). If the bottom graph was expanded (enlarged vertically) it would be much easier to read. Adding fuel to that map and you will get more hp.

IF you can get the run files from the dyno operator, you can view them on your pc with software from DJ for free.
Nice post Nester, Jeff if you look at his graph although hard to read he is 13.7 on his mixture, I think he is pretty good. He hit the 17.5 at the decel on the top end. Which would be good to eliminate Decel and should not bake it to soon.

TAZ

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jeffw said:
#1 The dyno operator should use SAE, not STD error correction factor. It does make quite a bit of difference. You might look and see what the correction factor was... should be as close to 1.00 as you can get.

Thanks for the heads-up Jeff. I am slowly becoming educated on the Bike Sciences. I did ask the operator to open up the air/fuel graph and there were no points that exceeded 14. As soon as the air mods are available the bike will be going back to the dyno and have a custom map made. I will ask the operator about the correction factors.

The total cost to have the bike dyno'd ( 1 pull ) is $40.00.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Nester said:
The total cost to have the bike dyno'd ( 1 pull ) is $40.00.
The dyno runs should have consisted of the necessary pulls to get the bike to operating temp..... this means doing pull after pull until the hp starts dropping. Depending on the temp of the motor it could take 1-4 runs to get the final/best number for your bike.

Never let them do just one run.

Droping the a/f ratio down to 12.9-13.1 will show an improvement (each bike is different and you need to "play" with it on the dyno for best resusts). Even 14:1 is still a bit lean.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jeffw said:
The dyno runs should have consisted of the necessary pulls to get the bike to operating temp..... this means doing pull after pull until the hp starts dropping. Depending on the temp of the motor it could take 1-4 runs to get the final/best number for your bike.

Never let them do just one run.

Droping the a/f ratio down to 12.9-13.1 will show an improvement (each bike is different and you need to "play" with it on the dyno for best resusts). Even 14:1 is still a bit lean.
Jeff,

The operator did several pulls before he recorded the final run. The bike was also at operating temp when he put it on the dyno.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts