M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will I get better performance if all I do is add a power commander? I will eventually change the intakes and exaust but if I do it in steps should I get the power commander first? Also what is the best exaust if I DON'T
want it too loud. A little louder than stock would be kinda kewl but I love my music and I don't want to drown it out. I like the low rumble but extreme loudness would lower my fun ratio. Thanks

Stratrascal.

G

·
Will I get better performance if all I do is add a power commander? I will eventually change the intakes and exaust but if I do it in steps should I get the power commander first? Also what is the best exaust if I DON'T
want it too loud. A little louder than stock would be kinda kewl but I love my music and I don't want to drown it out. I like the low rumble but extreme loudness would lower my fun ratio. Thanks

Stratrascal.
Try the TrackDayElectronics 4th gear emulator first. Basically rendered my need for FI programmer obsolete. Yes, it's that good. Advances the timing in the 1st three gears.

www.trackdayelectronics.com

check my threads under kawzx7 for benefits. Top notch. I am not affiliated with TDE in any way.

Later!
Chris

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
if you want it louder than stock but don't want it too crazy loud, then just debaffle the stock exhaust and you will be very happy. it costs hardly nothing to do and takes very little time, but the end result is a sound that is a little deeper and has more grunt in it. :bigthumbsup:

if you add just the PCIII to a completely stock bike, it will run better, but it might be hard to notice. but it will run better than without the PCIII.

for future reference, if you only mod the exhaust OR the intakes, then you don't need a PCIII.

if you mod BOTH then you will need a PCIII, or other fuel management system.

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts

Stratrascal.
As stated you can drill your stock pipes for a little more sound. I Love the Cobra Tri-Pros as they have sound but are not to loud. I would put an FI2000R over the Power Commander. Especially if you will be moding in stages. That way you can self tune your bike instead of spending a couple of hundred $$ to have it remapped every time. And yes you can add a fuel management to a stock bike and you will get a little more power out of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts