M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a power commander 3 i want to install on an '07 M109 however the plug to the throttle positioning sensor has been cut off. there is a grey wire and a black with white trace wire i need to connect, the throttle postioning sensor has 3 wires a red, a pink and a black. can anyone tell me which wire connects to where?
or if posible a pic of the plug that has been cut off so i can tell which pin connects.
thanks in advance for any help
Rick

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
Who is Bering? Flash the stock ecu?
Others have already replied but here is my thoughts on why I said what I said. When you flash the oem ecu, you are eliminating a third party fuel management, that if it fails. You won’t be able to ride. That is rare but it does Happen. More importantly, when flashing the ecu, restrictions are removed and it wakes up the beast. BCS has been flashing for all of my customers, including my wife’s 109. Every single one has a wow factor leaving a smile on their face. Mpg is up as well and the twitchy throttle is even better.
In two occasions I have had customers with pc3s and they ran bad. That is the fault of the tune, but we dumped them and did the flash and the bikes ran better then ever.

·
Registered
2018 M109R BOSS
222 Posts
flashing the stock ecu is simply hooking your bike's computer up to a Mac/PC and reprogramming it for more performance. BCS knows what he's doing. did the flash for most of us here, including me. i think it's bout $300(can't remember) which is less than most of those tuners.
It's the way to go for sure.

·
Registered
2018 M109R BOSS
222 Posts
only downside of the ecu flash is not being able to ride while it's being done. did mine in the winter when i couldn't ride anyway. hardest part is waiting months to test it out. it's worth the wait, i promise.

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
6,004 Posts
If you still want to install the PC3, the instructions are on their website. There was no plug. It was sent with Scotchlocs, which are not advisable. The proper way to install is to solder the connections. If my memory serves me properly, it's the pink & black wires. Here is the manual. Be certain it is the same model number. Power Commander IIIUSB (PCIIIUSB) | Downloads | Dynojet

I agree that an ECU flash is better, and by the time you have it dynoed by a reputable shop, you won't be far from the cost of an ECU flash.

Reactions: thevili
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.